Diablo® III

BAD NEWS If you pre-order at GAME in aus

TGW Pty Ltd (trading as GAME) is a retailer of video games, games consoles and PC software &
accessories which on appointment operated 92 stores across Australia.

On 14 May 2012, the Directors of TGW Pty Ltd appointed Kate Warwick and Greg Hall of
PricewaterhouseCoopers as Voluntary Administrators.

What if I have pre-ordered a game?

We are still working to clarify the status of pre-orders. At this stage we are intending on honouring
certain pre-orders placed on the Diablo III and Max Payne new releases. We will provide clarity on
these and other new releases in due course.

We are not able to refund customer deposits and customers who have paid a deposit for a pre-ordered
item at this stage should continue to monitor the website for further updates.

I got a phone call today saying i will not get my game now!!!!!

Link to the doc
http://www.game.com.au/faq
Edited by Hydroc#1253 on 5/13/2012 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Should of bought it digitally.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
GAME in the UK went into administration a while ago...you should have been paying attention :P
Reply Quote
nooooooo
*facepalm*
Reply Quote
Seriously? You aren't getting the game, and you can't get your money back so you can get the game elsewhere?

And they only let you know 26 hours before the servers go up? Less than 24 before "release"? You'd think someone would've seen this coming days/weeks ago, and let customers know

That's bs, at this stage, I'm not really willing to believe their intentions of honouring the preorders, call your bank and see if they can get your money back
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I had mine at my husbands pre-ordered since October last year. I rang game, not having heard that they went into admin, to see when I could pick up my copy only to find that they
1) will not be fulfilling D3 CE orders
2) will not be honoring the credit of the money I had already paid towards it!!!!

Blizzard, will you be helping us poor Aussies who faithfully pre ordered and have been screwed over by this unfortunate circumstance? I just want a copy of the CE edition :(
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Got the same phone call this morning saying because the company has gone into shutdown they will be unable to fill my Diablo 3 collectors edition... I have the annual pass so it isn't interrupting my play time but so devo about losing CE order.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I to Pre-ordered a Collectors Edition from them and got this phone call just now, 18 hours prior to the servers going live, I jut went and bought a Digital copy and downloaded it.

It is extremely ridiculous that I now cannot get collectors edition AND/OR have to pay another $80 AUS to buy the game a second time.

How could they have not known prior to 14th May that they are in trouble and will not be getting the game in when the game would have to be in stores already.

I talked to the AREA MANAGER on the 13th May who told me that it is available for pickup on the 15th when the store opens 9 am.

What pisses me off the most is that I just lost getting Collectors Edition after Pre-ordering it quite possibly 6 months ago to something that is nothing to do with me.
Edited by Excidius#6636 on 5/13/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They shipped my CE this morning at 7am, got the tracking number and all. I better get it.

Pretty poor what they have done but I worked for them for 4 years + and its no surprise. Don't blame the staff they would have found out same time as us, its their HO that sucks and would have known for sometime and decided not to tell anyone.
Reply Quote
Looks like JB Hi-Fi have a few in stock online

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/default.aspx?T=77&P=657804
Edited by NothAU#6107 on 5/13/2012 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm lucky to have the Annual Pass version, but I'm pissed as all hell about the CEs I preordered for my wife and I.

Really, less than 24 hours notice from when we could buy it, I don't blame the staff, they are getting abuse all over, but the company must have known.
Reply Quote
Oh wow that would suck. I would rage seriously hard if that happened to me. Lost money and no CE I'd definitely try get your money back from the bank.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Too bad I paid cash.
I just tried jb online, but when the receipt to my email came through it says special order, which means they will contact me after 21 days if they can't source it.
I too have the annual pass, but I collect the pets in wow as well :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Yep. Had my CE Preorder with Game since October, and it was completely paid in full, just got the SMS bout 10 minutes ago. "Game /location/ will not be supplying Diablo 3. There will be no refunds given."

So I'm out $137.
Reply Quote
I've been advised to contact customerrelations@game.com.au about refunds, I suggest you guys do the same.

The sad thing is the staff had no idea this was coming, so don't take it out on them folks. There are people worrying about their jobs, none of them know what's going on, its just like it was in the UK.
Edited by Craorach#1897 on 5/13/2012 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'm more concerned for the staff than I am my 137.

My GF works at one of the stores that got zero stock (funnily enough, NOT the one where my pre-order was placed), my local store is staffed by pretty neat people, and an old friend works at a different store.

These lucky people get to a) probably lose their jobs, and b) are going to deal with the rage of upwards of 200+ (rightfully) pissed off people today/tomorrow.

So before everyone starts throwing cocktails and getting out their pitchforks, just remember that the branch level staff had NO IDEA this was happening, and they are NOT YOUR ENEMY. So don't be asshats (well, any more than you can help, after all, this IS d3)
Reply Quote

My GF works at one of the stores that got zero stock (funnily enough, NOT the one where my pre-order was placed), my local store is staffed by pretty neat people, and an old friend works at a different store.

These lucky people get to a) probably lose their jobs, and b) are going to deal with the rage of upwards of 200+ (rightfully) pissed off people today/tomorrow.

So before everyone starts throwing cocktails and getting out their pitchforks, just remember that the branch level staff had NO IDEA this was happening, and they are NOT YOUR ENEMY. So don't be asshats (well, any more than you can help, after all, this IS d3)

I'm, unfortunately, sure that by the end of this week the staff will be raising the pitchforks with us.

Look at what happened in Ireland.
Reply Quote

You're right, the in-store staff have nothing to do with this. They just do what the head office tells them to do, down the management line.

I'd even be willing to say that someone as high up as an Area Manager may not have even known about this.

I remember when GAME UK went into admin, there was a lot of problems before people finally realised it had nothing to do with the store staff, rather the management itself.

I'm, unfortunately, sure that by the end of this week the staff will be raising the pitchforks with us.

Look at what happened in Ireland.

What happened in Ireland is a little different. All their stock was still part of GAME UK, the UK creditors were trying to recall all stock before Irish creditors even got a look at it.

I'm pretty sure GAME AU own all of their stock
Edited by NothAU#6107 on 5/13/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure that they can be taken to court if you have a receipt of pre order and they will not provide a refund for goods that were guaranteed to be supplied.

So if they spill any crap about not being able to provide a pre payed for item i am pretty sure there is a government run service that can get information from people and freeze any of GAME's affiliated bank accounts from moving money out of Australia until they fix it.
Reply Quote
Just checked my tracking number from AusPost my CE is in the post and will be here tomorrow as per order through game in October last year. Sorry you guys all lucked out and I still get mine.
Edited by GrimJester#6380 on 5/13/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]