Diablo® III

BAD NEWS If you pre-order at GAME in aus

05/13/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Grimjester
Just checked my tracking number from AusPost my CE is in the post and will be here tomorrow as per order through game in October last year. Sorry you guys all lucked out and I still get mine.

Pretty sure online purchases aren't affected as they were shipped prior to this all going down this morning.

Some stores actually have supplies, so I'm told, but nowhere enough even for their own preorders, let alone to give them to other stores.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am pretty sure that they can be taken to court if you have a receipt of pre order and they will not provide a refund for goods that were guaranteed to be supplied.

So if they spill any crap about not being able to provide a pre payed for item i am pretty sure there is a government run service that can get information from people and freeze any of GAME's affiliated bank accounts from moving money out of Australia until they fix it.

It seems to be legal. Now they are officially in administration anyone that has placed money on a pre-order is considered an unsecured creditor so if things have to be wound up they have to be paid back out of funds remaining once secured creditors are paid. If they started handing out refunds now to pre-orders they are theoretically breaking the law.

The only way you might be able to get money back would be if paid by visa/mastercard and can dispute the charge but even that would be a longshot at this stage.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Yeah what they are doing is legal, even if it does suck. Administration isn't handled by GAME its done by a 3rd party company GAME just has to do as its told.

As Talizaar pointed out you are counted as a unsecured creditor and you can make a claim saying your owned money, but they will be paying their other creditors first.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Grimjester
Just checked my tracking number from AusPost my CE is in the post and will be here tomorrow as per order through game in October last year. Sorry you guys all lucked out and I still get mine.

What a cool story. I especially like how it helps those who have just ended up out of pocket because of this situation.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Hey just a quick question is anyone else unable to open the terms and conditions page from the site thought I would have a look st it and see what it said about pre orders and stuff.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
05/14/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Narisa
Hey just a quick question is anyone else unable to open the terms and conditions page from the site thought I would have a look st it and see what it said about pre orders and stuff.

It has nothing to do with GAME's policies unfortunally, administration i s handled by a 3rd party company and done according to Australian law. GAME just has to do as its told.

You can submit a claim that they owe you money if you paid, but it will be a long time till you see it prob =/
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
They have said that they are not getting it in and that you will NOT be getting a refund.

I can't really understand how it is legal to say you are getting nothing for your money and are also not getting refunded.
Edited by Excidius#6636 on 5/14/2012 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
57 Night Elf Death Knight
I had mine at my husbands pre-ordered since October last year. I rang game, not having heard that they went into admin, to see when I could pick up my copy only to find that they
1) will not be fulfilling D3 CE orders
2) will not be honoring the credit of the money I had already paid towards it!!!!

Blizzard, will you be helping us poor Aussies who faithfully pre ordered and have been screwed over by this unfortunate circumstance? I just want a copy of the CE edition :(

I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered D3 CE and I didn't find out until about 4pm this afternoon and its the day before release.

This really sucks. I guess I will do some running around tomorrow.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Ryxxi
Pre ordered the CE, its been shipped already (lucky me) but Unlucky as well because I have a $400 gift card with them...

Go to them and see if they will honour it, today, for goods within the store. They are still open and selling things.

To those with Preorders, get your receipts and photocopy them. They are printed on thermal paper which fades over time. Ensure you have a non fadeable copy for when we can finally make claims.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
For those who don't know you can findout details on whats going on with gift cards/preorders etc here: http://www.game.com.au/faq
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/14/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Craorach
Pre ordered the CE, its been shipped already (lucky me) but Unlucky as well because I have a $400 gift card with them...

Go to them and see if they will honour it, today, for goods within the store. They are still open and selling things.

To those with Preorders, get your receipts and photocopy them. They are printed on thermal paper which fades over time. Ensure you have a non fadeable copy for when we can finally make claims.

They are currently only honouring gift cards if you spend 4x the value of the card
Reply Quote
From Game website:

What if I have pre-ordered a game?

We are still working to clarify the status of pre-orders. At this stage we are intending on honouring certain pre-orders placed on the Diablo III and Max Payne new releases. We will provide clarity on these and other new releases in due course.

We are not able to refund customer deposits and customers who have paid a deposit for a pre-ordered item at this stage should continue to monitor the website for further updates.

I really hope they come through for you and you re able to collect your CEs tomorrow.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Talizaar
They are currently only honouring gift cards if you spend 4x the value of the card

So, basically you have to give them money, in order to spend a gift card you gave them money already for?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
They have honoured afew preorders. Seems like maybe they were only able to afford 1/2 their stock or something, as people here have posted saying they have gotten theirs shipped. But I wouldn't count on one if they told you already your not getting it =(
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
From GAME's Facebook page:

Diablo III Update:

- Customers who preordered online will be receive the game via the post in the usual way

- Customers who preordered in-store will need to check with their local store regarding availability.
Reply Quote
I do feel bad for you guys, but you should count your lucky stars it wasn't something more expensive.

Me and my gf had tickets booked for Hawaii through Air Australia, they went into admin, poof, goodbye 3000 dollars.

80 isn't so bad, trust me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I would love if blizzard would enable an online digital version of the CE as a special offer for those of us that got screwed by GAME Australia, I'd even be willing part with more money. Not going to hold my breath about getting my $138 back though.

on a side note I did a search around the interwebs and there are a ton of scalpers already offering their copies of the CE for $250 the dirty scum.
Reply Quote
Damn... thats F@cked up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]