Diablo® III

BAD NEWS If you pre-order at GAME in aus

Wow, this is brutal, there has been a mass of people in the US finding out they aren't getting their copies either.

I thought I made a mistake buying digital, thank gosh I did. I can't believe you aren't even getting your dosh back..... damn those poorly managed companies....
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think if they go into receivership, i.e declare bankrupt, customers are considered an unsecured creditor, so you would only get money back if there is money left over after secured creditors have been paid ( suppliers, etc). But I am not an expert on business law, so anyone who is please correct me if I am wrong.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Mizzy
I think if they go into receivership, i.e declare bankrupt, customers are considered an unsecured creditor, so you would only get money back if there is money left over after secured creditors have been paid ( suppliers, etc). But I am not an expert on business law, so anyone who is please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure this is fairly accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
As bad as it is, think about the employees as well. I know the manager of a GAME store and he spent today breaking the news to customers. Imagine seeing "GAME calling" on your phone and thinking it's the normal preorder phone call, only to be told that you aren't getting the game and they still keep your money. I do not want to be him tomorrow when the people they weren't able to get in touch with come in to pick it up. :\
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:04 AMPosted by Mahogany
As bad as it is, think about the employees as well. I know the manager of a GAME store and he spent today breaking the news to customers. Imagine seeing "GAME calling" on your phone and thinking it's the normal preorder phone call, only to be told that you aren't getting the game and they still keep your money. I do not want to be him tomorrow when the people they weren't able to get in touch with come in to pick it up. :\

Exactly how I found out.. I had a rage for a moment and then I remembered that a close friend of mine is a manager at a Game store, and I get along well enough with some of the staff around the area.

Losing your job is one thing, going through something like this is an entirely different level of suck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
When I spoke to the guy, I did tell him I was really sorry to hear. I see these guys EVERY weekend. The old manager at camberwell, who is now at southland,knew me by name, and used to fire up his 3ds for me so I could get the ingame bonuses. The guys that work there are awesome, and I feel really sorry for them probably losing their jobs :(
Reply Quote
Ask your bank to dispute the transaction the money should be refunded. My friend bought tickets to Hawaii with Strategic Airlines before they went down, he got fully refunded.
Reply Quote
57 Night Elf Death Knight
I would love if blizzard would enable an online digital version of the CE as a special offer for those of us that got screwed by GAME Australia, I'd even be willing part with more money. Not going to hold my breath about getting my $138 back though.

Me too :(. Please Blizzard save us!
Reply Quote
Not sure how the guest passes work but i'll happily donate them to any of you who want to play tomorrow, sorry to hear about this :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I wanted the WoW pet - sad but true :(

If we could order the CE directly from Blizzard or the Distributor, this wouldnt happen, and I would gladly prefer that over the uncertainty that pre-ordering (even the day after the release is annouced!) with a retail store holds.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/13/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Craorach
Some stores actually have supplies, so I'm told, but nowhere enough even for their own preorders, let alone to give them to other stores.

I called the GAME store I pre-ordered my CE at today, they said they were one of the few store that already received the stock to sell to pre-order customers.
Edited by Maliken#1900 on 5/14/2012 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ouch one day out from release and this happens i feel for you guys,hopefully most off yous get your games .

weird thing is i ordred my ce from ebgames just last week just got email before saying its shipped , keep an eye on them if any more stocks pop up.

but ya shame on them maybe the biggest game off the decade to come out tommorow and this happens.

shame shame shame
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I feel really bad for you guys, and wish you all the best. Personally, and again this is just me personally. If this happened to me I would calmly walk into there store, grab any game that I wanted and then walk directly out. If the police show up, I can prove payment and say that they must be confused ;)
Reply Quote
Yeah I just checked mine, it's been sent and on it's way... Feel so bad for the ppl who got the call :(
Reply Quote
http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/hundreds-of-jobs-in-doubt-with-game-in-limbo/story-e6frfrt9-1226355124969

this has probably been discussed in the posts above but here is the link to an article on this topic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Seriously? You aren't getting the game, and you can't get your money back so you can get the game elsewhere?

And they only let you know 26 hours before the servers go up? Less than 24 before "release"? You'd think someone would've seen this coming days/weeks ago, and let customers know

That's bs, at this stage, I'm not really willing to believe their intentions of honouring the preorders, call your bank and see if they can get your money back

To be fair, when it comes to putting a company with 92 stores across the country into administration, I highly doubt the release date of any game came into it.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Hekler

I'm pretty sure this is fairly accurate.

^It's accurate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]