Diablo® III

BAD NEWS If you pre-order at GAME in aus

90 Tauren Paladin
05/14/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Immortàl
Oddly enough, when i went in to pay off the entire amount by card, their machines weren't working and i HAD to pay in cash.

They're only taking cash from now until their stores officially close.

No debit/credit cards.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Romire
I got mine

You already got your copy from game au?
Reply Quote
My CE is sitting in the depot already, phew.

Werent we assured that the GAME here is run independantly from GAME in the UK that also went into administration?
Reply Quote
I feel sorry for you guys!!I was going to do my pre-order through GAME as well but their machines were down and i didnt have cash so i just went next door to eb. Hope they have extra stock to make up for GAME stuffing up
Reply Quote
yes..
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
After reading a few posts, how can GAME get away with not only being unable to supply copies of Diablo III but also that no refunds will be given out? So possible 1000s of people will miss out and have their money taken without refund? This seems fishy and quite absurd.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Feargx
After reading a few posts, how can GAME get away with not only being unable to supply copies of Diablo III but also that no refunds will be given out? So possible 1000s of people will miss out and have their money taken without refund? This seems fishy and quite absurd.

Unfortunately, that's completely legal under the Corporations Act. People with unfulfilled preorders still have provisions available to receive their money (as unsecured creditors), but they must submit a Proof of Debt claim to the administrators as they are the only people able to distribute company money. No guarantees, though. Unsecured creditors are at the bottom of a long list.
Edited by wubsylol#1372 on 5/14/2012 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Made me glad I pre-ordered via EBGames. Did so because I was worried about GAME after hearing about what happened in the UK.
Reply Quote
I rocked up at 0722 for a 0900 opening at my local Game store, having pre-ordered the CE since Nov last year..

About 3 other people were there as well.. we waited and the doors opened.. the 3 other people got rejected as the game store never received any normal edition D3 games.

However, they had their 24 pre-orders for the CE edition, which they had in stock.

The 3 gentlemen were asked to source their normal edition else where after an explanation of what has/is going on with Game.. felt sad for them.. :|
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Really rotten this happen the day before the game goes live for all of you down under....hope you all get it worked out.
Reply Quote
If you guys still want a CE

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/default.aspx?T=77&P=657804

JB Has last stock available check it out FAST...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]