Diablo® III

Male or female?

I know it's a matter of opinion. I played the male in OB and liked his voice acting. But I'm curious to what everybody feels about the voice acting abilities between the two. Do you like one better over the other? Like or hate each equally? Etc. I probably will play like, the first 5 minutes of the campaign as female just to hear enough to see which I like better. But getting some opinion first helps :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
female makes my pants looser, can't stare at that all day, could do permanent damage.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Roxigob
female makes my pants looser, can't stare at that all day, could do permanent damage.

lol...good point I guess. Come to find out, I am leaning towards the female WD...but I will probably do it like the OP. Play 5-10 mins on the female to see if I like / stand the voice.
Reply Quote
I hated the female voice so much inthe beginning I turned the sound off and listened to music. I might give her another shot though when game goes live.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
I will likely do both. A male and female on softcore/hardcore. Not sure which for what yet though! Haha
Reply Quote
I don't much like the female voice. Going with male.
Reply Quote
Female. Personally, I like playing with girls. If you like playing with boys, that 100% okay too...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Didn't really like the female voice, and I love the slight tremor in the male idle animation.
Reply Quote
Theres an achievement for leveling each class twice to 60. Might as well do one of each eventually.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Ribak
Theres an achievement for leveling each class twice to 60. Might as well do one of each eventually.

I'm a competitionist...with that said, I dunno if I could do it twice with all 5 classes! We'll see lol. Thank you for everybody's input
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:23 AMPosted by DrGiggles
Female. Personally, I like playing with girls. If you like playing with boys, that 100% okay too...

Agree, I always play female characters when possible, in D2 I wouldn't play a class if it was a dude lol so glad we have a choice now!
Reply Quote
Male. I was actually planning to stick with the way they've been shown more or less. So Male: Barbarian, Witch Docta, Monk, and Female: Wizard.

Though after having heard the male Wizards voice acting I'm tempted to make one named Loki.

Not that interested in playing a Demon Hunter.
Reply Quote
Male most likely. The female run is a little to bowlegged to take seriously.
Reply Quote
Male
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
05/14/2012 10:23 AMPosted by DrGiggles

urgh.. that doesn't even make sense. You say you like playing with girls, so you want to be/act/play as one? Also, someone who plays with boys is more likely to roleplay as a girl (feminine).. so are you in the closet?? lol. Others play as males cos they are males.
Edited by moofius#1950 on 5/14/2012 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
male voice-over drove me nuts.
gonna try the female for now.
Reply Quote

urgh.. that doesn't even make sense. You say you like playing with girls, so you want to be/act/play as one? Also, someone who plays with boys is more likely to roleplay as a girl (feminine).. so are you in the closet?? lol. Others play as males cos they are males.

This.

A lot of guys justify their choice to play female characters as, "Uh, because I'm !@#$%^ and want hawt pixels to stare at?"

I don't know any good player who spends the majority of their time staring at their character. Once in a while, maybe, to appreciate your gear upgrades. With that sole exception... I'm watching the environment, the enemies, my teammates.

Any/every other factor relevant to the survival and success of my mission.

I honestly get annoyed when I play the Amazon in D2 because her refusal to wear pants is distracting. I like playing a male character -because- I feel no inclination to stare at him unnecessarily. I can do without my brain going through the, "Dude! Hot chick!" routine every few minutes.

Edit: And this is not to say that it's wrong for anyone to enjoy. I probably shouldn't throw around terms like "good player". And I know there's more reasons than that to pick a character's gender. It's just that one justification that puzzles me.

Edit2: Really? The word heter-o is filtered? Wow.
Edited by Apostate#1465 on 5/14/2012 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Dreadmight
Male most likely. The female run is a little to bowlegged to take seriously.
I don't know, the waddle sold it for me. haha

I usually play as a female since I am one and I never really put much thought into it beyond that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]