Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Or Demon Hunter?

I Like Dark/Supernatural characters and wanted to pick one of these although in some fighting games i tend to favor the keep away characters so i might pick between Demon Hunter Or Wizard Instead but the witch doctor just seems so unique
Reply Quote
I am going with Witch Doctor because of his dialogue responses in quests. He comes off as humble and compassionate, whereas the Barbarian and DH just seem kind of generically stoic badasses, the Monk is generically stoically spiritual, and I want to punch the Wizard in his stupid face every time he opens his mouth.
Edited by Aretii#1732 on 5/14/2012 8:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
Witch Doctor for many reasons:

1. Awesome Short Story (Demon Hunter and Barbarian also appealed to me this way)
2. Very unique gameplay
3. Diverse builds/playstyles
4. Spiders and Toads and Zombie Bears OH MY!
5. He's got a 24/7 groove going with his "jungle beat" twitching.
6. Voodoo masks.
7. Good community of posters on the WD forums (Generally speaking of course)
8. Gargantuan smash!
He comes off as humble and compassionate

10. This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIAOrZ-fZI8
Reply Quote
Jeez...Decisions Decisions
Reply Quote
Im going witch doctor too myself
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Mookle
7. Good community of posters on the WD forums (Generally speaking of course)

You know, I almost exclusively visit the WD forum here on Battle.net because of this. Went to General Discussion and the Barb forum for comparison (and extra tidbits), but the quality of posts was greatly inferior. Discussion was actually non-existent in many threads.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I'm going with witch docter def, number 1 because he seems bad !@# and number 2 because WoW and Rift don't have anything like this so it'll be new and fresh :D
Reply Quote
So how do i know what class playstyle fits me best before getting the game? i don't wanna waste too much time just testing them all i want to put time into my main
Reply Quote
Come get the voodoo!
Reply Quote
I Never did play World of warcraft that much(tried to get back into that but both times My main was a warlock the first time it was undead warlock the second time Blood Elf Warlock i did a blood elf paladin as an alternative but i didn't use that much)
Reply Quote
Come On Guys! I'm really torn
Reply Quote
As far as not "wasting time" -- Good luck -- Unless you played beta, your only option is to try it out. You may think it looks cool, and that it is what you want, however, it may not be.

As I recall there were lots of necromancers for the first 30 days in D2 -- after that you rarely ever saw one (Same with assassins and druids really). Everyone played wiz, barb, or pally. The main thing should be to have fun and kill demons imo.

Luth
Reply Quote

As I recall there were lots of necromancers for the first 30 days in D2 -- after that you rarely ever saw one (Same with assassins and druids really). Everyone played wiz, barb, or pally. The main thing should be to have fun and kill demons imo.
Luth

I remember this. Fishymancers were GODLY before they nerfed CE. I always had a Necro build, I loved how radically different they were to any other play build, up to and including the Sorc--yeah she was a caster too, but didn't have anything between her and monsters like the Nec did. Since the WD is the spiritual successor to the Nec, I'm going WD.

Not only was I able to achieve a VERY respectable 65 DPS at lvl 13, nearly on par with the Barb, but the WD was just funner to play with. A close second is the Monk, but he's the exact opposite of the WD, way more clicks per minute to play with him.
Reply Quote
i never played Diablo before but i did play a little bit of WoW As A Warlock that's it pretty much
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ive finally made up my mind to go WD first. All 5 classes are interesting in their own way but something about frogs. dogs and bats is too good.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
05/14/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Darvon
Ive finally made up my mind to go WD first. All 5 classes are interesting in their own way but something about frogs. dogs and bats is too good.

Don't forget the zombie bears.
Reply Quote
You can tell the people who are really, really going to fall in love with the class.

They're the ones going OMG BURNING LOCUSTS and EXPLODING ZOMBIE DOGS!!!!

Et cetera. Cute to watch a female friend of mine work herself up over it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
For me WD just feels like the fun class. It doesn't seem to take itself overly seriously but isn't so quirky as to be silly. Not to mention the multitude of ways you can play it (MM, PBAOE, RAOE, RDPS).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]