Diablo® III

"An unexpected error occurred while trying to

05/14/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Bankrolly
I have the enGB downloader I live in Canada so all you that say you changed the downloader would you care to give a little info on how to get the north american one, instead of just saying you changed it and it worked.
Go into your battle.net account.
Go do download section.
Under D3 it will say "Region: _____ (Change)"
Slam that change button!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
0
Posts: 12
I'm still having the same error.

Windows 7, 64 bit

My friend is using the exact same installer that I copied over for him. He's got it installing just fine :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
9830
Posts: 34
Cool, looks like I have the EU version too. Since this would be the third time I've had to download the installer and I have a laughable data cap looks like no D3 for me until June!
Reply Quote
Posts: 1,286
I am getting

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #1 (0x13370001) Fatal Exception after EULA agreement..
Reply Quote
Had the same problem. Seems I have downloaded the wrong region pack. Thanks for the tip Psi.

Edit: After downloading (glad to have a 120MB connection so it only took a few minutes) the message was gone.
Edited by Merinh#2983 on 5/14/2012 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
16360
Posts: 14
Had the enGB client aswell.

Downloaded the enUS client from Bnet and the installer works just fine.
Reply Quote
So since I'm in Australia, would the correct Region/Download be "SOUTHEAST ASIA", English (EU)? or English (US)?
Edited by Gauge#1364 on 5/14/2012 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
0
Posts: 12
Just tried downloading the us one (added only 30mb to the existing files). No luck. Same 'unexplained error'.
Reply Quote
Posts: 9
Can someone link to the enUS downloader? I pre-ordered in a store so can't get it via my battle.net page.
Reply Quote
Posts: 1
05/14/2012 08:34 AMPosted by CBFTW
think I found out my problem. I apparently downloaded the UK version and not the US version.

same problme my folder said "enGB" make sure u have the "US" version
Reply Quote
Had the enGB client aswell.

Downloaded the enUS client from Bnet and the installer works just fine.
Installer is working fine, sure.
But we're downloading 8+ gigs :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
6495
Posts: 4,155
05/14/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Psi
I have the enGB downloader I live in Canada so all you that say you changed the downloader would you care to give a little info on how to get the north american one, instead of just saying you changed it and it worked.
Go into your battle.net account.
Go do download section.
Under D3 it will say "Region: _____ (Change)"
Slam that change button!


Thank you, so now I have to DL the whole game again?
I suppose I should delete the first DLer as well?
Reply Quote
thanx benny worked
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
0
Posts: 12
Well for some reason when I downloaded the GB installer again and then ran the US one again the files (which are in a GB folder) worked.

So I guess try grabbing both and running them? Good luck all, see you in the game!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
6210
Posts: 5
That was my issue as well. Had GB download, US purchase. Deleted download in my files, made sure to change to the US downloader on my account page, and started again. Install commencing properly now, though I feel a bit of a numpty.
Reply Quote
57 Night Elf Death Knight
0
Posts: 74
I think I found out my problem. I apparently downloaded the UK version and not the US version. Check to make sure that you have the correct version of the installer downloaded.
I'm starting to DL it again and hopefully that will fix my problem


I had the en version. Downloaded US and its installing fine now.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
3425
Posts: 6
All I did was follow this. Even tho I live in Brazil and I thought I had de US installer, apparently I did not.

So I went to this page http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/ where Blizz gave the solution. It worked for me, so I am downloading.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
20540
Posts: 188
yes somehow mine was also set to EU, funny thing, it was the only one set to EU, all the others were set to US....

so yes check Acount management, and make sure the client copy is set to US if that's what you should be DL'ing for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
6495
Posts: 4,155
OK Psi, I got it to work.

I'm assuming if you bought the digital copy you don't need to input a key because in all my emails from Blizz there is no key.

edit: I'm at 10%
Edited by Rolly#1354 on 5/14/2012 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OK Psi, I got it to work.

I'm assuming if you bought the digital copy you don't need to input a key because in all my emails from Blizz there is no key.

edit: I'm at 10%
Correct.
I'm at 15% with somewhere between 4-9 hours to go (I only work another 7 :S)
Then I have to also re-download it on my normal PC when I get home, thankfully the internet there isn't awful, so that should take 3-4 hours.
Edited by Psi#1697 on 5/14/2012 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]