Diablo® III

"An unexpected error occurred while trying to

I think I found the problem....

Check in your D3 installation folder see if you have a file with an extension .part

IF YOU DO...

that means that the download is missing just a few megas...

go to the bnet home page then account then your game select diablo and click to download the digital version...

Select the same folder you installed it into before and it will check see how much you have left to download let it finish then run the setup again

THIS JUST SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR ME

Thank you so much! This helped me. =D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I was having the same problem - after many retries, I redownloaded the installer, ran it and after it verfied the downloaded files, the install began.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Doomscribe
I was having the same problem - after many retries, I redownloaded the installer, ran it and after it verfied the downloaded files, the install began.

Solved!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks again Psi

Yea the additional 8GB is a bit of a surprise, it'll be 7-8 hours till it's finished for me as well.
Ah well no biggie, can't play till tomorrow anyhoo.
Reply Quote
Ok I am trying to reinstall the installer, but when i download from Battle.net it downloads just 30 MB of info then goes directly to Install. I dont get the Blizzard downloader or anything. I have deleted all Diablo 3 files from my system and im still getting the error after download.
Reply Quote
Same here. Win 7 64-bit
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Jables
Ok I am trying to reinstall the installer, but when i download from Battle.net it downloads just 30 MB of info then goes directly to Install. I dont get the Blizzard downloader or anything. I have deleted all Diablo 3 files from my system and im still getting the error after download.
This is how it should be working for us NOW.
You're fine.
Just have to re-dl/install everything.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We have a sticky up covering this issue:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789564

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
We have a sticky up covering this issue:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789564

That's only what part of this thread turned into.
And not actually the thread itself from the start :S

At least with the Blue tag, people that read through the whole thread should get some of their issues solved.
Edited by Psi#1697 on 5/14/2012 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Jurannok

The problem some were having in this thread was we had gotten the wrong installer for our area. Psi's instructions on how to get the proper installer for your area should be included.
Reply Quote
I need the Downloader. When i try to download the client from Battle.net it just downloads 30 MB of information and then Opens the Installer (Which I have deleted about 15 times now because i keep getting the same error). I dont understand why it is trying to install when I have none of the files on my computer TO install it.
Reply Quote
wouldnt it be cool if, just ONCE blizzard was accually able to make a game that worked flawlessly on launch
Reply Quote
No file lost, everything find, but the installer suddenly stopped when it reached 63 to 69%, and all temporary files gone...

Win 7 64 bit with enUS client at Asian Region
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Semial
wouldnt it be cool if, just ONCE blizzard was accually able to make a game that worked flawlessly on launch
They're only partly to blame, and did instruct us to check our region settings before hand.

Though, it is their fault that Canada somehow got the GB installer.
While at the same time our fault we didn't catch it.

All my friends that bought the game after me, put it on their accounts, all got enUS as their region.
Why I got global I'll never know.
Reply Quote
Those in Australia that have had the download for some time.... if you go to the game client and download the US version not the enGB version it will work fine.

PS the sticky they have posted is only relevant if you only have part file... I didn't I had the wrong installer. It's a real pain in the butt to have to down load again but it is the only way I have found.
Edited by D3Desiree#6823 on 5/14/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I got the GB installer and I am in Canada.

I WAS ABLE TO FIX THIS ISSUE WITHOUT RE DOWNLOADING EVERYTHING.

I ran Diablo-III-Setup-enGB.exe
I selected an empty folder for download.
I waited for it to fill the folder with .part files.
I restarted my PC
I deleted Installer Tome 2.MPQE.Part
I deleted Installer Tome 3.MPQE.Part
I copied Installer Tome 2.MPQE from the installer folder I had from a month ago.
I also copied Installer Tome 3.MPQE
I ran Diablo-III-Setup-enGB.exe selecting the same folder i made to start with.
The installer skipped strait to 7 min remaining, downloaded the smaller files and installed perfectly.
Reply Quote
The problem is that many people have the euro version.

They need to download the American client, or download the updated European client and redownload.
Reply Quote
ie. @ https://eu.battle.net/account/management/download/

Change the download to the D3 US client, or redownload the fixed D3 EU client if you want to use that one.

I changed my EU version client to the US version client (30mg download) and it worked straight away.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I redownloaded the the enUS launcher and it's working now, but I have to download 8GB anyone else have to or did I screw something up?
Reply Quote
Had the same issue and found the fix.

Log into Battle.net, re-download the client BEFORE YOU DO, changethe region to English USA (if you are in NA)..if you are anywhere else, just make sure you download the client for your own region. Booyah!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]