Diablo® III

Stuck at Updating Setup files.

Did the following:
Fix #3

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder.

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net Cache folder.

Run the Downloader again, as administrator, and see if it gets past the “Updating Setup Files” window. If not, see Fix #1.

And now I'm stuck at like 90%
Got it working.

did this.

Deleted Agent Folder, replaced it with a working one(got it from a friend trough MSN), Reseted the computer, ran the updater/setup installed the game

EDIT: THE RESET PART IS MANDATORY IT WOUDNT WORK BEFORE I RESET MY PC

EDIT2: Never mind, it was working but i just got the error and it stopped again
Edited by Mizarus#1641 on 5/14/2012 11:03 AM PDT
Still stuck Updating! >.<
Also stuck at updating. Nothing works.
Cyclone I got your problem did a few things, got to 90%, now i'm stuck.
this worked for me!

http://www.nyleveia.com/2012/04/14/working-fix-for-diablo-3-updating-setup-files-hang/
problem is with the agent.exe file that gets created by the installer you download from blizzard. if you download the d3fix zip file on this site and replace the generated one, it will work.

Come on blizzard why you fail at this yo
88 Orc Warlock
I just had this problem and then I opened task manager and stopped all processes of agent.exe after a few it asked me to start a dialup connection, I clicked cancel then it finished and the installer started. NOTE. I did not get this to work in beta.
Edited by Kutner#1131 on 5/14/2012 4:25 PM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
Works after doing his fix.

http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/
90 Goblin Priest
Bump for NONE of these fixes working. I'm just trying to get the program installed so I can play it when it is open for the love of pete.
didnt work for me, i wonder if this will be another one of those games were the pirate version works and the original dosent
Edited by Mizarus#1641 on 5/14/2012 4:39 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
None of those fixes worked for me, either. I had this problem through the entire beta also. I can't believe, after all of the posts during the beta, that this didn't get fixed before release. Come on, seriously?
Noting is working for me. Tried everything. This is really bumming me out.
yeah i just spend the whole day tryng to fix this instead of doing something uesfull, i oficially give up if i cant play tomorrow by the time i get home il just ask for a refund and settle with Torchlight 2
Edited by Mizarus#1641 on 5/14/2012 4:47 PM PDT
92 Undead Mage
um, can we get a GM response?
Updating setup files.....for about an hour now at 70%.
yeah nothing works we do need a blue
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Unfortunately, I think they're as confused as we are.

Currently trying the suggestion of executing the agent.exe process when the downloader stalls. No visible progress but it's something I haven't tried before.
Unfortunately, I think they're as confused as we are.

Currently trying the suggestion of executing the agent.exe process when the downloader stalls. No visible progress but it's something I haven't tried before.

they could come out and say it, it's obviously Agent.exe fault they didnt manage to fix it during beta they shoudnt honestly be releasing the game

it dosent seem like Blizzard.

i guess AV really messed them up
Edited by Mizarus#1641 on 5/14/2012 5:37 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]