Diablo® III

Stuck at Updating Setup files.

85 Night Elf Rogue
Same thing is happening to me... I still haven't fixed it :(
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My favorite part is that I can get to the installer with the compatibility set to XP SP2 but it won't let me install because it requires a newer operating system! :(
90 Worgen Druid
Mine was stuck at about 90% for 15 minutes. I closed, deleted the battle.net folder and ran it again. again it stopped at about 90% but this time i just let it be, took it a good 30 minutes but it finally broke through. just waiting on install now.
Stuck at 90%. Every 3 minutes it crashes and gets back to 90%. AARGH!!! Tried the solutions posted here and elsewhere. Come on Blizzard! ... And there goes the crash again.
90 Undead Warrior
Same here, I'm stuck at the exact spot and this is really frustrating. I've already done all of those fixes and nothing works. This makes no sense cause D3 beta was just fine
85 Human Paladin
Stuck at "updating setup files" for hours during open beta. never got it to run.
Stuck at "updating setup files" after buying the digital copy. Wtf......
trolled the forums, and tried three fixes simultaneously - worked. now installing

control panel>network and internet>internet options>connections tab>never dial a connection
then
Run the diablo3 setup as an administrator.
then
I went into task manager and closed all the Agent.exe*32's that were running.

Another Agent.exe*32 promptly started and - for whatever reason - this sequence of events fixed the problem for me. The Setup Files updated in about 20-30 seconds and i was able to install the game. Hope this helps someone.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I had the same problem and tried the suggestions on the forums to no avail. Like Maeloria, I attempted to run the setup in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode, and it brought up the launcher but would not let me install either.

So, I went ahead and tried Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility, and it's installing now. :)

So, right-click on your setup .exe file and select Properties. Then go under the Compatibility tab and use the Compatibility Mode drop menu to select Windows XP Service Pack 3; Apply and try to run your setup again. :)
90 Tauren Death Knight
grrrrr im so mad all my friends got it to work on first try and im the only one this is happening too great >.<
Changed my compatibility to windows XP service pack 2 and it worked
[quote]Okay my friend uploaded his battlenet folder to the web for me
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52903383/Battle.net.zip is the link
I just deleted my battlenet folder, added his in its place, used the 913 folder's agent.exe ran diablo setup both as admin and it's now installing. Here's hoping it works out...

This totally worked for me. Thank you.
41 Gnome Rogue
I got the same problem =( still cant fix it, and by deleteing my battle folder, ill loose my WoW content
100 Worgen Rogue
http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/

Fix# 3

My battle.net folder was in c:/documents and settings/all users/application data <-- which is a hidden file btw so you'll need to click tools > folder options... > view tab and check show hidden files and folders.

Deleted Battle.net folder

opened blizzard entertainment > battle.net deleted cache folder

then ran it again and it became unstuck during open beta

Edit - It's a problem with agent.exe, so you delete battle.net folder to replace it.

This worked for me. Thanks! Strangely, I tried this during the Beta weekend and it didn't work, but now it does.
Same here stuck on the last s its bull!@#$. If it happened in the beta then why didnt they fix it.
blizz!!!! my updating setup files has stopped at 33% (updating has been going for 10 hours)
55 Night Elf Warrior
I am Having same Error have they come up with any solution yet?
90 Undead Priest
Okay my friend uploaded his battlenet folder to the web for me
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52903383/Battle.net.zip is the link
I just deleted my battlenet folder, added his in its place, used the 913 folder's agent.exe ran diablo setup both as admin and it's now installing. Here's hoping it works out...

This worked for me too. Thanks for the link.
tried everything wont work waste of money...
100 Human Paladin
Tried everything. Run as admin, in compatibility mode, punch holes in the firewall, running agent.exe then the setup.exe. Only thing left to try is replacing my agent folder with someone's that did work. One "fix" got me to 90%, but it froze there.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]