Diablo® III

Stuck at Updating Setup files.

[quote]Okay my friend uploaded his battlenet folder to the web for me
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52903383/Battle.net.zip is the link
I just deleted my battlenet folder, added his in its place, used the 913 folder's agent.exe ran diablo setup both as admin and it's now installing. Here's hoping it works out...

This totally worked for me. Thank you.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!....HOURS OF FRUSTRATION ENDED BY THIS DOWNLOAD!!!!!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52903383/Battle.net.zip
Thank you so much
Just like you said, delete and replace
:D
OK This worked for me and i hope it does for all of you!! This is what i did.

I Right click my Diablo III Setup>Properties>compatibility>checked the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (Windows XP) Service Pack 3 then Ok.

THen I ran my DIablo III Setup again with administrator then my launch started working and downloading from 1% and so on.. to 100% . I hope this helps some of you having the same problem where you are either stuck on "setting up files" and stuck @ 0% in the game launcher.

Happy gaming!

H ahaha I don't even have Service Pack 3. I have service pack 2 and 1 and 5... :(
OK This worked for me and i hope it does for all of you!! This is what i did.

I Right click my Diablo III Setup>Properties>compatibility>checked the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (Windows XP) Service Pack 3 then Ok.

THen I ran my DIablo III Setup again with administrator then my launch started working and downloading from 1% and so on.. to 100% . I hope this helps some of you having the same problem where you are either stuck on "setting up files" and stuck @ 0% in the game launcher.

Happy gaming!

H ahaha I don't even have Service Pack 3. I have service pack 2 and 1 and 5... :(

Are u running vista? or windows 7
85 Draenei Shaman
See my post about running as administrator!
Right click all those agent.exe's and set it manually so that when the installer goes to run agent.exe it is already set to run as administrator.

There lies another problem. I've tried that and ran both the .524 and .954 as admin while downloading, before downloading, multiple times. It's just not working. Something with this agent.exe is not compatable with about 1/2 the people with this digital download bologna!

[quote][quote]
Yeah you get the taste of freedom only to have it taken it away ><

Yah...... It's painful. I've wasted probably over 6 hours of research and being unfocused in my school and studies for something i've already payed for... my fault i know, but not entirely guh...

Are you running the agent.exe files?
Or are you setting the Run as administrator box in the file properties?
If you set it in the file properties the installer will go to run the agent.exe as it is supposed to but will run it as administrator because you manually set it. I dont believe just navigating to agent.exe and running it will solve any problem. The installer needs to initiate the agent.exe as it needs to. And as I said, make sure you set it manually for all agent.exe's in ALL sub folders. this was the installer behaves and responds as it expects to.

As a side note, be sure to check your task manager and force close all .exe's pertaining to installing diablo 3 before retrying the installation. If you manually check the agent.exe to run as administrator as one is already running in the background, it will not try to run another as administrator since it already sees one running.
Edited by JPLAZ#1688 on 5/14/2012 8:27 PM PDT

This totally worked for me. Thank you.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!....HOURS OF FRUSTRATION ENDED BY THIS DOWNLOAD!!!!!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52903383/Battle.net.zip
Thank you so much
Just like you said, delete and replace
:D

You obviously haven't read my post then. Yes you will be able to download diablo and be at the launcher because of this. HOWEEEEEVVVEEERRRRR!!! Once it is downloaded you will have another issue of Agent.exe failing and when you click "Play" it will be stuck at "Launching..." This AGENT.EXE NEEDS EFFING FIXED OR REMOVED OR REPLACED!
Ok first and foremost, I personally wouldn't download some stranger's random e x friggin e. This is an online game after all. The fix that actually worked for me is from the task manager, right click on Agent.exe *32, go to Properties, check run as administrator and also check to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP service pack 3.

A few moments will pass and a big red and black installation screen will show up and your install is ready. It'll ask you for your activation key and under that option it asks if you already activated it. Whatever your situation is, click it and you're ready to install and combat the forces of evil!! No offense to whoever suggested the downloading of an .exe, but since this is the internet and a popular game, we gotta keep our guard up people.

EDIT!!!!!! : After you make the changes then right click it again and end the process THEN it'll start up again and the big red and black installer will show itself. Sorry.
Edited by Rotastico#1446 on 5/14/2012 8:34 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
So uh going back to physical copies from now on, thanks blizz!

There lies another problem. I've tried that and ran both the .524 and .954 as admin while downloading, before downloading, multiple times. It's just not working. Something with this agent.exe is not compatable with about 1/2 the people with this digital download bologna!

Yah...... It's painful. I've wasted probably over 6 hours of research and being unfocused in my school and studies for something i've already payed for... my fault i know, but not entirely guh...

If you set it in the file properties the installer will go to run the agent.exe as it is supposed to but will run it as administrator because you manually set it. I dont believe just navigating to agent.exe and running it will solve any problem. The installer needs to initiate the agent.exe as it needs to. And as I said, make sure you set it manually for all agent.exe's in ALL sub folders. this was the installer behaves and responds as it expects to.

You can't even set these to run as administrator as an option. I go into Agent>properties>compatability And the option to make it run as admin is greyed out. The only way I can make it run as admin is manually doing it, not the system it seems...
85 Draenei Shaman

You can't even set these to run as administrator as an option. I go into Agent>properties>compatability And the option to make it run as admin is greyed out. The only way I can make it run as admin is manually doing it, not the system it seems...

If that box is grey'd out, you definatly have some sort of other problem going on. You should never be greyed out of that option on ANY exe, diablo 3 or otherwise, if you are logged in under a windows administrator account.

If that is the case, I suggest going to your user account settings in windows, make a new account with admin rights, log off and back on as the new account and see if that box is still greyed out on agent.exe
Make sure to disable your proxy if you happen to be using one. That just solved my issue.

Vista sir!
85 Draenei Shaman

Vista sir!

Step 1 - Uninstall Vista!!!
05/14/2012 08:31 PMPosted by frederf22
Make sure to disable your proxy if you happen to be using one. That just solved my issue.

No wonder they cant find a solution for the Agent.exe issues everything seems to make it crash.

thanks again for the idea but i dont use a proxy

If that box is grey'd out, you definatly have some sort of other problem going on. You should never be greyed out of that option on ANY exe, diablo 3 or otherwise, if you are logged in under a windows administrator account.

If that is the case, I suggest going to your user account settings in windows, make a new account with admin rights, log off and back on as the new account and see if that box is still greyed out on agent.exe

Maybe my pathway is wrong. I'll fool around with all the advanced settings and tabs till i find it. I am the admin and I even made every account on this computer admin with all rights just incase that was the error. I'm looking further into this....
Same here! So annoying!

Vista sir!

Step 1 - Uninstall Vista!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I WANT TOOOOOO! I do want Windows 7, and i was so happy with Windows XP :/
If you're on Vista, try this solution that seems to help many vista users.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.
85 Draenei Shaman

Maybe my pathway is wrong. I'll fool around with all the advanced settings and tabs till i find it. I am the admin and I even made every account on this computer admin with all rights just incase that was the error. I'm looking further into this....

This is a shot in the dark for you but it might have merit.
Check the ownership of the Battle.net folder. If the user you are not logged in as is not the owner of the folder, try taking ownership of the folder with the user you are logged in as. This could possibly fix the greyed out box to run as administrator. I cant be 100% sure but I don't think it has a chance of working until the box is no longer greyed out.
If you're on Vista, try this solution that seems to help many vista users.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down and find “Secondary Logon”

Right Click > Properties

Change it from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Automatic’

Run your Diablo 3 setup as administrator and it should quickly go through Updating Setup Files and bring you to an install screen. Congratulations, your game now (hopefully) works! If this solved your issue, spread it around.

THat was one of the first things i Tried like afternoon of this day...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]