Diablo® III

No steam overlay in Diablo 3?

(Locked)

''Got it.

Clearly, your directories will be different.
Target: "C:\Games\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch
Start In: "C:\Games\Diablo III\"

Worked for me as well

But this way you have to manually start up the launcher every time just to make sure there are no new updates..... not ideal, but better then nothing i guess.
Edited by DCR#2608 on 5/15/2012 1:29 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
At what point do you quite the agent.exe launcher? It does not appear to be working for me no matter when I quit it.
Worked fine for me just added to steam, made an icon and it works. Didn't do anything special and it uses the launcher exe.
My Steam in-game wasn't working, but after I restarted my Steam Client, it works.
05/15/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Drakainen
Worked fine for me just added to steam, made an icon and it works. Didn't do anything special and it uses the launcher exe.

How about you tell us how you did it?

Instead of adding another useless "I got it to work hurr durr" post to the thread
Who needs steam overlay when you can set D3 to borderless windowed mode?

Borderless windowed mode = entire system overlay.

CrossfireX only works in full screen mode.
To add the Steam overlay if it doesn't work for you:

1. On the bottom left of the "Games" tab, click "Add games";
2. Wait for "Diablo III" to pop-up on the list, select it and add it to the list;
3. Right click on the Diablo III item in your Steam games list, and select properties;
4. Change the target box to ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch", or wherever your game .exe is located.

This fixed it for me, so thanks to all the above guys suggesting it!
Got it.

Confirming that this worked for me.
Yeah, just make sure you're making the Diablo III.exe the one you're adding onto your non-Steam game to the list, not the D3 launcher itself.

http://i.imgur.com/yyH8I.jpg
Edited by Jono#1694 on 5/16/2012 12:01 PM PDT
I can't get the overlay. How u fix that?
The Steam overlay is working fine for me, and I didn't do anything special.

What I did was select "Add a game..." from the bottom left of the Steam window, select "Add a non-Steam game" from the menu that appears, then wait for Diablo 3 to appear in the list. I checked the box next to Diablo 3 and pressed the Add Selected Programs button.

When Steam launches Diablo 3 I see a command window appear briefly before the D3 Launcher appears. When I hit Play in the launcher, it launches the game, and the steam toast window appears when the Diablo 3 login screen comes up, and the overlay works fine.
Me and my bro got the annual pass for WoW so we got D3 for free. He preloaded it and the day before it released(may 14th) I copied it to my computer from his. The steam overlay works fine on his computer but it will not work on mine while D3 is running.

In fact... when he adds a non-steam game, D3 pops up on that window. But when I try to add a non-steam game it does not pop up and I had to manually browse for D3.

Please tell me I do not have to download it myself to fix this issue... None of these work-arounds work for me so far.
if you want the steam overlay you need to add diablo 3 to your steam library as a "non steam game" and launch diablo 3 through the steam client.
05/17/2012 06:45 PMPosted by NIN
if you want the steam overlay you need to add diablo 3 to your steam library as a "non steam game" and launch diablo 3 through the steam client.

hurr durr

the issue is that even though we do this it still is not popping up in game
Got it.

This worked for me, though I had to manually terminate the agent.exe to get the overlay to work. Not sure if I'll have to do this every time, but the overlay is worth it. Screeeeenshots!
Not to sound rude but what is steam why is it needed
It works for me. I just added it through "Add a non-Steam game" and selected it from the list. I didn't need to do anything else.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]