Diablo® III

Windows 7 "Requires Newer OS" (Resolved)

90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm currently trying to install Diablo III, and I have more than met the minimum system requirements, but I (like many others) am stuck at 0% installation and getting the error that I need a newer OS.

Does anyone, Blizzard or otherwise, have a workaround for this? I'd very much like to be able to play at launch.
Edited by Toclafane#1868 on 5/14/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i'm currently redownloading the installer due to this issue - not stoked about the bandwith usage but hopefully it works.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
same here, downloaded the installer twice and im still gettign the newer os problem :S
and im using the latest windows 7
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Run windows update
Select install new service pack
????
Profit!!!
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
I redownloaded the installer and didn't get error the second time
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Run windows update
Select install new service pack

While I can appreciate the snark... This is pretty standard, which is why I didn't bother to mention it before. I had already run Windows Update (as have most people) and was still getting this error. Generally speaking, I tend to submit my trouble tickets with all standard troubleshooting (including updating Windows) having been performed, even if I don't outright state it.

I was finally able to get it working, though. I restarted the installer and then changed the directory it was installing to from my C hard drive to my E hard drive. Both had ample room for the installation, and neither should have caused an error saying I needed a newer OS, but it seems to have resolved the issue (for now). I'll update if I'm able to complete the installation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/14/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Druina
I redownloaded the installer and didn't get error the second time

I did not redownload the installer, but I did close it out and restart it.
Reply Quote
Been having this problem for two months and have yet to see a workaround that actually works for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
D3 is now fully installed, cinematics run, etc.

Still no idea as to what caused the problem. None of the these things should have caused the error, but here's what I did:

1. Run Windows Update, download, install, reboot. (This was already done for me and I was still getting the error, but I just figured I'd state it for anyone who might not.)

2. Close out the installer and restart it. (Some have said that they had to redownload it. I did not have to redownload.)

3. I changed the install directory from the default so that it installed on a different drive. I have no idea as to whether or not this corrected the issue rather than #2, and I have no feasible reason as to why it would have, as both of my hard drives had more than enough room, but if #1 and #2 aren't working, it's worth a shot.

Beyond those things... I'm still at a loss as to why anyone else would have problems, but maybe that will help someone.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I am having this problem too. I have the latest windows 7 updates and I have tried rerunning the installer several times. It's not a good feeling when you have waited for this day for so long then something like this happens :(.

Edit: Redownloaded it and it worked.
Edited by Thunderte#1984 on 5/14/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]