Diablo® III

Down-loader closes on its own?

Im currently downloading Diablo 3 game, and im 4gb/7gb

But for someone reason i seem to be capped on my download, but this is my issue:

My Diablo 3 down-loader keeps shutting down, for no reason, i could be afk, ill come back and it would have stopped, is there a Fix for this? or is it corrupt files?

Iv downloaded the game twice now and still the same issue, anyone know a FIX??

Things iv tried:
Turning the peer to peer off in the down-loader
Changed firewall to allow all settings and cookies in

Thanks if you reply!
Reply Quote
I am getting this also, was hoping for a diablo 3 night tonight with my friends but it looks like that is not going to happen.

I did previously have the whole game downloaded, and then i got the email about fixes for the German and EU problems, downloaded that, the launcher closed and deleted tome1 and tome2...
Reply Quote
Still got this issue, anyone got a fix?
Reply Quote
Launcher closed again. Any tech help?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
same issue here, can not download enGB installer. stops at 50% and says Stopped responding. about 4 times now.

enUS went fine, but thats not what i need :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Im gettin this problem too. The game shuld be alrdy downloaded by now but it keeps closing itself down. No response from Tech support :(
Reply Quote
This is probably the 10th time i have had to reopen the launcher, and everytime i do, it keeps checking the files and then carries on downloading. does like 2% and then closes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i am having the exact same problem, i start it up get to checking files then starts to download and go for a bout 10 or so seconds before it just closes off, no errors or anything. Its getting really annoying.
Reply Quote
If you have a way of using a cable to connect you may want to try. I've heard a lot of people had problems with a wireless connection during downloading.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
This happens for me for every blizzard down loader I use... it'll download maybe 300 MB - 1 gig then shut down. it took me about 9 days to fully download World of warcraft and the patches because of this. right now I am also having this issue with the D3 downloader too.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 02:52 PMPosted by WeeBee
If you have a way of using a cable to connect you may want to try. I've heard a lot of people had problems with a wireless connection during downloading.

I am using cable right now.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
05/14/2012 02:52 PMPosted by WeeBee

yeah I've used cable as well.
Reply Quote
Delete C:\ProgramData\battle.net directory and try again.

Something is getting messed up there....

Or you have to run the setup as admin and maybe in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Or you have corrupt files.

and/or you might be out of space...
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/14/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
same i am on cable not wireless so its getting really annoying, sometimes i will be lucky to get it to even start downloading it checks the files and is about to start downloading then disappears again >.< at this rate i won't even get it download.....
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
05/14/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Badfinger
Delete C:\ProgramData\battle.net directory and try again.

if I delete that does it make it so I have to re download everything again?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Keeps happening to me as well, the downloader will crash after a gig or so and will have to restart it, for me its leaving a crash.txt file everytime it does
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i dont even have the battle.net in my directory atm i deleted it and am trying to redownload and not getting anywhere, keeps closing off with no errors
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
05/14/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Nevarial
i dont even have the battle.net in my directory atm i deleted it and am trying to redownload and not getting anywhere, keeps closing off with no errors

I guess that wasn't the solution
Reply Quote
17 Blood Elf Priest
I'm having this problem as well.
Edited by Raum#1309 on 5/14/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]