Diablo® III

unsupported 16-bit application Help me :(

90 Pandaren Warrior
unsupported 16-bit application

the program or feature "\C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client\BlizzardLauncher.1506\Blizzard Launcher.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatability with 64-bit versions of windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

I played beta just fine and now i get this error everytime i try to download
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Swaggadactyl ,

Delete the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder. The launcher file you have may be corrupted.

thank you i will keep update thread as of now it seems like this resolved the issue thank you :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I was having the same issue but, this worked ty
Reply Quote
Yup that seems to have fixed it thanks
Reply Quote
Thank you so much. Instantly fixed my problem
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
were do i find it to delete it. having same problem
Reply Quote
its still not working for me, heres my issue
i had to free trial installed
i purchased a hard copy of the game, i uninstalled the diablo 3 client
when i put my cd into the drive i instantly get the noncompatible 16 bit application error message,
"the program or feature
"\??\C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.976\Agent.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."
it then tries to update, which yields nothing i get a message with the error code BLZPTS00007
which i clicked on and has yielded nothing better in terms of that troubleshooting
i have restarted, i have "waited a minute to try again", someone please help

also a note, i downloaded and played the trial fine, i cannot install from the download or the disc, and the reason i uninstalled the game was because the 64 bit imcompatibility showed up when i tried to start it up
Edited by Hannibal#1835 on 5/28/2012 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same issue, daughter played the trail version then bought the game.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Whiteye
were do i find it to delete it. having same problem

Hi !

Delete the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder. The launcher file you have may be corrupted.
Reply Quote
Where's that file
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Thebigbosdog
Where's that file

Put that address directly in Windows Explorer address bar.

Or you can set the Show hidden files in Folder Options.
Reply Quote
so figured would give D3 another go. cant get it downloaded

The program or feature "\??\C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit compatible version is avaliable.

i see what the above post says to use but i can not find anything in any directory that is 'ProgramData' I understand it is probably hidden but trying to search what is in the forum brought up nothing. Where is this imaginary file that i must delete yet can not find to delete.
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
i can not find
Reply Quote
seems i wasnt smart enough to remove the bold faced 'folder' part of the helpful link earlier. Well. Morons Unite! together we can eventually be as smart as a normal person!
Reply Quote
Hi,yep same thing happened to me today..never had the problem before..tried everything until i found this,and it works..if you cant find it put in the search bar,in the windows the one under all programs,,hope that helps a bit
Reply Quote
Had the same issue. this fixed it. thank you so much
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]