Diablo® III

digital copy game key?

85 Draenei Shaman
Do i need a game key to register the downloaded version of D3 before i play?
Reply Quote
Same Question. I just ran the installer and it says I need to go to Battlenet and register the game key, but I bought the Digital version through Blizzard and cant find a game key.
Reply Quote
Samething for me.......
Reply Quote
Quoting myself for this common question:

Go to: http://us.battle.net/account

Under "My Game Accounts" you should have Diablo 3. Click on it.

Under "ACCOUNT STATUS", it should say "ACTIVE". If so, you are good to go, and already activated.

The installer simply asks you to activate if you haven't already. So you can tell it you are activated, and it will proceed normally.
Reply Quote
Assuming you bought it through Battlenet then I think you don't need to activate, just log in with your account when the game is installed.
Reply Quote
No, i've been looking at threads like these, VincentLaw, and mine says active and it still wont work. When I try to connect it says something about not a registered copy.

**Battle.net account does not have a license attached to it
Edited by Banewrath#1333 on 5/14/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Banewrath
No, i've been looking at threads like these, VincentLaw, and mine says active and it still wont work. When I try to connect it says something about not a registered copy.

Logging into the game? That's a separate issue than what is discussed here. That's likely due to having a different region installed, you'll want to look into having the correct region installed, or wait for Global region support which should be launching later.
Reply Quote
My region under my account status is global...or on launch can we not jump onto a earlier running server say asia to get a taste of the game? I'm in the states do I actually have to wait until US servers come up?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]