Diablo® III

WHY NO LAUNCH EVENT FOR ANZ???

90 Night Elf Druid
I am SPITTING mad!
*spit spit spit spit spit spit.. pathooey!!*

Have a look at this page:
http://sea.blizzard.com/en-sg/company/events/d3-opening/#summary

They will have GIVE-AWAYS!! The guys in California will get a chance to win limited edition diablo theme computers!
Exact quote: "....including an exciting selection of Diablo-related videos, cosplayers, exclusive reveals, and multiple Diablo-themed giveaways, including four Limited Edition Diablo III laser etched systems powered by Intel and ASUS."

WHAT ABOUT AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND! *actually bugger Australia..just NZ will do thanks*
You have events in Berlin, London, Moscow, Paris, Stockholm, Warsaw, Taipei, Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul...for Christsake! WHAT ABOUT WELLINGTON! AUCKLAND! CHRISTCHURCH! BRISBANE! SYDNEY! MELBOURNE! Jeebuz.

I feel neglected. I HAVE BEEN CONTINENTALLY DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!!!

Someone tell Blizzard to ship some limited edition goodies to my house plz.
thank you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/11/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Immortàl
It's well known that Blizzard simply do not give a !@#$ about Australia or New Zealand.

Lies. We have our own discussion place. ITS PROGRESS I TELLS YOU! Someone hire more Aussies and Kiwis to work for Blizz..
Reply Quote
We're a backwater economy. Conglomerates use NZ as a testing ground, and where they can pass off old tech and still get top dollar for it because of how ignorant we are as consumers.

I don't blame Blizzard for not wasting time and effort setting up launch parties in this part of the world (NZ). It'd get nil media exposure, numbers would be sub-par compared to what they'd expect to pass off such an event as a success and what exposure it would get would be a 15 second news segment where everyone chuckles "look at the nerds".

The real party happens on screen.
Reply Quote

Berlin, 3.3 million people
London, 12.8 million
Moscow, 15 million
Paris, 9.6 million
Stockholm, 1.5 million
Warsaw, 1.7 million
Taipei, 2.6 million
Singapore, 3.5 million
Bangkok, 7.2 million

Aus is warranted
Sydney 3.6 million
Melbourne 4 million
Brisbane 1.5 million

NZ marketing waste of time
Auckland 1 million
Christchurch 400k
Wellington 350k

05/11/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Immortàl
It'd get nil media exposure, numbers would be sub-par compared to what they'd expect to pass off such an event as a success

I don't agree, but hey. We're all entitled to opinions :)
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Elianora
It's well known that Blizzard simply do not give a !@#$ about Australia or New Zealand.

Lies. We have our own discussion place. ITS PROGRESS I TELLS YOU! Someone hire more Aussies and Kiwis to work for Blizz..

If only they would! Would be awesome to work for Blizzard.
Reply Quote
The cali event is only because that's were their office is, the others are allot smaller and don't have the same give aways etc.

Yes it sucks we don't get anything down here, but its nothing to get up in arms about. Go ask your local EB why they are not doing an event themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Australia isn't launching at midnight. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 02:21 AMPosted by MouseNoIV
Hey at LEAST we get servers in Australia for SWTOR. It is a good start. Now all we need to do is prove that Bioware made a good choice giving us servers... and follow suit.

It was nice that they at least thought of us but the game is just not as populated as it was at launch. A lot of Aussies managed to get a copy of the game online and start at US launch date. I was one of those people but I also quit not long after, the game just didn't have enough to keep me after the story. I think it would be awesome for Blizzard to place Aussie servers as there are a lot of Australians/New Zealanders that play Blizzard games. Pricing is just a !@#$% though to get servers set up here as far as I'm aware.
Reply Quote
There was a midnight launch event for SC2. In Brisbane. And here is a pic of my SC2 CE I got signed there by a Blizz employee.

http://i.imgur.com/na2Jq.jpg

But that was cause the servers were turned on at midnight our time. They won't be for D3. And it seems that for this reason alone Blizz feels there's no need for a midnight release. What about a 5pm launch party? That would work. But it seems a little too late for this. I would have liked the opportunity to get a signed CE though. Looks like that's not possible for Australians.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]