Diablo® III

is my CPU good?

trained human eye can see up to 60fps

This is wrong. The human even can even see past 200 fps. Like a previous poster said though, it would take a very long post to explain, so I'll just give you a link.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html
Reply Quote
considering human eye can't comprehend past 32 fps I wonder why people say "omg I get 200 fps"

really?

I can easily tell the difference between 60 fps and 30 fps. Its as easy as comparing BF3 and any call of duty. The difference is HUGE
Reply Quote
My System Specifications

Operating System:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU Type:
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
CPU Speed:
3.11 GHz
System Memory:
15.98 GB
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Video Card Memory:
3.97 GB
Video Card Driver:
nvd3dum.dll
Desktop Resolution:
1786x1004
Hard Disk Size:
1.36 TB
Hard Disk Free Space:
696.97 GB (50%)
Download Speed:
3.18 MB/s (26.6 mbps)
Reply Quote
did I win?
Reply Quote
17.3" HD+LED LCD
laptop acer aspire 7745G
16:9 HD LED
intel core i7 processor 720QM (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 cache)
ATI Mobility Radeon, HD 5850 (1GB) ..also, up to 4083 MB hyper memory
8GB Memory
1000GB HDD
ACER Nplify 802.11 b/g/n
windows 7

i dont know anything about computers so please let me know

also, the beta was kinda laggy for me. and finally my cpu would get really hot probably to do something with the frame rates? thanks!!

I see a lot of blabbing here but only one person actually nailed the answer to the question...

05/12/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Lorine
You're fine. If that's a Quad-Core CPU, you're definitely fine, but if you clock out at 1.6, you're in trouble.

A clock speed of 1.6 although might be "good enough" for some people, is not enough for others. Good is relative to your own expectations. If you can tolerate the lower calculation speed you are going to be fine, but if you are a stickler then you will notice the difference.

My CPU came clocked at 2.7GHz, but through overclocking I achieve around 3.4GHz with no stability issues. Even though I run an AMD 6 core, having all 6 of the cores clocked at 2.7GHz is not enough for me to be satisfied, thus I overclock and add more cooling. I use an Antec tower with a big fan on the top of it and I keep the side of the case off to let the cpu fan blast heat directly away with no heat cycling back towards the CPU.

Perhaps though your question could have been better summed up by asking if your computer meets the requirements to play the game, it's unclear exactly what you're looking for.

Your question about the temperature of your CPU is not related to the frame rates directly, but there is some correlation between the two. The problem you face with FPS is that your CPU is not effectively handling what's being thrown at it, I highly recommend you invest in a desktop for added cooling and stability, laptops although can be powerful enough to effectively game on, are expensive by comparison to an equally powered desktop.

That being said, if getting a different computer is not feasible, what you could look at is overclocking your CPU, but you will need to manage your heat problem. I've seen cooling pads and although they might help, I'm not sure how much good they might do you when you overclock. I say this because the case of a laptop really restricts airflow and I can't think of a single laptop I've seen that had what I consider to be "good enough" cooling.
Edited by Plaguemire#1699 on 5/12/2012 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Regarding the ATI mobility DV53. Would you be able to tell me what changes you made to the video card setting to get your frame rate up. I have the exact same system and would be very grateful for your help.
Reply Quote
It should do just fine.
Edited by Toniwing#2878 on 6/1/2012 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Kapinga
You can start off by not calling your PC a CPU.

And you can start off by not being such a nerd. For real...
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Gnomebushed
strange how in WoW I can tell a big difference between 60 fps and 35 fps...

... how about you google some facts. theres quite alot of articles telling why we see the difference between 60 and 35.

But we cannot see more than 25-35 fps.

if you flash red and yellow after another faster than 35 fps. we are most likely to see only one color.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]