Diablo® III

Installation of Downloader

91 Goblin Mage
Hello,

I purchased a digital copy of Diablo III earlier this week and ran the install over night. During the evening, on prior install attempts, I'd encountered some errors. However, on the over night install I woke up to find the installer closed and no obvious signs of a problem.

Is there a way that I can test the install to ensure that everything installed correctly to ensure that I will be ready come Monday evening.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Did you check the folder where the program downloaded it? you should be able to run the setup and click the install button on the launcher and have it display a message about it not being released yet.
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Mage
There is nothing executable in the folder where I downloaded the program. There is,

Diablo III Setup.app (Folder)
Diablo III Setup.exe.part
external_resources.rcc.part
Installer Tome 1.MPQE.part
Installer Tome 2.MPQE.part
Installer Tome 3.MPQE.part
Launcher
SetupOSX.mpq.part
SetupWin.mpq.part

That's all I have.
Reply Quote
Just had a look at my folder, i have exactly the same files as you, bu my diablo 3 setup.exe.part is just diablo 3 setup and i can run that file. perhaps just run the download again? it wont take long just put it in the exact same place and it should scan your files and find whatever is not there.

Alternaivly you could delete the diablo 3 setup.exe.part file but just try what i said first before you delete the file and make a backup just in case.

Im having problems myself not with that file but with another i think there are many errors going around right now :/
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Just had a look at my folder, i have exactly the same files as you, bu my diablo 3 setup.exe.part is just diablo 3 setup and i can run that file. perhaps just run the download again? it wont take long just put it in the exact same place and it should scan your files and find whatever is not there.

Alternaivly you could delete the diablo 3 setup.exe.part file but just try what i said first before you delete the file and make a backup just in case.

Im having problems myself not with that file but with another i think there are many errors going around right now :/

.part files are incomplete files. You haven't finished downloading yet.
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Mage
Ok, I'm going to re-run the install. If that doesn't work then I'll delete and try again. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I'm having an issue when i was downloading the installer. When i ran out of @##@ space. I had to delete another game which is not disappeared? I was like 7 gigs in :\
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Mage
I have windows XP and my Blizzard downloader for D3 just vanishes at 5.6 GB. When I look into the folder I see a file with an error #1. I have no clue what that means and have found nothing on the forums about this. I've tried this twice so far, and every time on admin, which is my only login on my computer, still vanishes without warning at around 5.6 GB. Right now I'm on my 3rd attempt after just deleting the D3 Beta files. If this doesn't work then FML!
Reply Quote
having exactly the same problem, downloaded fine and now this crap
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ohh how i love tech support. Download finishes, run install, get the error on TOME 3. I read the support sticky and see it says to run the downloader again. I do so and THE DAMN THING DELETED THE 3GB WORTH OF DATA i just spent 12+ hours downloading. It's gone, overwritten by a new TOME 3.mpqe.part file thats a whopping 514kb in size.

What a crock this "downloader" is. I am so glad I didn't "pay" for this game.
Reply Quote
This is a FAQ for D3 Beta players that can´t install final version.
I had just buyed D3 for 48hours ago and download the normal client when I try all this:
I thought I missed some files and download the new client from here: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/blog/4417006 And it didnt worked.
Then I update my windows and drivers and Net.Framework 4.
And it still not worked.
All before this I had uinstalled Beta diablo, but!! Under : C:\ProgramData there is a folder called battelnet. There is old agent.exe from blizzard used under beta it maybe !@#$ed it up. C:\ProgramData is a hiden folder on some OS. I delete C:\ProgramData\battelnet the folder battelnet. And tried again and it didn’t worked. Then I went on forum no answers could help. I download the files again from blizzard by this client Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader from http://eu.battle.net/support/en/blog/4417006. And It worked. Oke
But maybe it not work for some people. So to be sure:
Update your windows, delete all! Files of beta also hiden temp files. Update driver to make sure and Net.Framework 4. And again update after install Net.Framework 4, windows have some after updater to that too.
When you had done that and redownload it can hang on 99% under the downloader. Close it and click on download run it as admin and it ask where to save the downloaded files. And you add it the predownloaded files are. When you can see the download is on 100% and still hanging and it not starting the client. Kill it on processerline. By Ctrl + alt + delete and you know it. You run the client as admin and it will start to decrypt the download files and it should work. Give it some time.
Then if it doing or it saying “Updating setup files….” Then it change to launching Blizzard Launcher” and back to “Updating setup files….” And it keep doing that in long time. Shot it down go to the Folder where you can see the downloaded file and client! Right click on the client! And go to properties and set it to XP service pack 3 and then right click on and run as admin! Bam it worked I can install what a hell of time and hard by me and not blizzard. Guys try this gl and hf. This is only one of the issue not them all! People say it take 14gb but mine says 15.1gb.! ;)
Reply Quote
Ohh how i love tech support. Download finishes, run install, get the error on TOME 3. I read the support sticky and see it says to run the downloader again. I do so and THE DAMN THING DELETED THE 3GB WORTH OF DATA i just spent 12+ hours downloading. It's gone, overwritten by a new TOME 3.mpqe.part file thats a whopping 514kb in size.

What a crock this "downloader" is. I am so glad I didn't "pay" for this game.

I feel you on this. it just happened to me too. damn thing somehow deleted almost 4 gigs worth of data after blizzard downloader had already completely finished. this is such garbage.
Edited by Valkyrja#1899 on 5/14/2012 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had the same problem. I seem to have progressed to the hang on 99% issue. Not sure if this will help you but I just moved the downloader exe to the same directory as where the installer is downloading and turned off p2p. good luck
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Suthesan for president... spot on i had that launcher/setup hang and your method worked perfectly . many thanks
Reply Quote
5 Human Mage
lol my comp only downloaded parts of files first time im in the middle of downloading again in the same folder to see if it works
Reply Quote
This is a FAQ for D3 Beta players that can´t install final version.
I had just buyed D3 for 48hours ago and download the normal client when I try all this:
I thought I missed some files and download the new client from here: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/blog/4417006 And it didnt worked.
Then I update my windows and drivers and Net.Framework 4.
And it still not worked.
All before this I had uinstalled Beta diablo, but!! Under : C:\ProgramData there is a folder called battelnet. There is old agent.exe from blizzard used under beta it maybe !@#$ed it up. C:\ProgramData is a hiden folder on some OS. I delete C:\ProgramData\battelnet the folder battelnet. And tried again and it didn’t worked. Then I went on forum no answers could help. I download the files again from blizzard by this client Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader from http://eu.battle.net/support/en/blog/4417006. And It worked. Oke
But maybe it not work for some people. So to be sure:
Update your windows, delete all! Files of beta also hiden temp files. Update driver to make sure and Net.Framework 4. And again update after install Net.Framework 4, windows have some after updater to that too.

I did all this. Everything is up to date. I still got the message "Diablo 3 requires a newer operating system to run". Then it started installing instead of cancelling then install right away, but stuck at 0%. I'm afraid of closing it in fear of it not being about to start it up again.

I usually don't post asking for help until I've tried everything but, I think I need some more guidance towards this issue :(
Reply Quote
More troubleshooting guides needs on this issue for sure.
Reply Quote
5 Human Mage
woot halfway threw loading it again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]