Diablo® III

SOLVED: Slow download issues.

For some reason my download is extremely slow. It doesn't detect any issues, but it is crawling at an extremely slow pace (30KB/s)

I don't have any kind of DMZ set up, just a simple private network with NAT overload to the public address assigned by my ISP.

I've forwarded TCP ports 3724, 6112, 6881-6999 to the private IP address of my PC.

The firewall on my PC is configured to allow the downloader .exe through Windows Firewall.

It seems to be connecting to the occasional peer. Am I missing some ports that need to be forwarded or something?

Ideas?
Edited by Wr3k#1755 on 5/12/2012 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Solved:

Ok, so I went into: control panel>Internet options>connections>LAN settings and unchecked the "Automatically detect settings" box and my downloaded instantly started peering properly and my download speeds went to 3MB/s.

Why would this fix the problem? Can anyone explain?
Reply Quote
Thanks dude. I was having the same problem. Was causing my WoW downloader issues too. As soon as i unclicked 'Automatically detect settings' the download sped right up.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the tip, this also solved my issue. From 250kb/s to 2MB/s instantly.
Reply Quote
Wow, i have been having issues for ever. I unchecked it and boom, jumpped 800KBs. went from 3hrs left to 15mins. Thanks a bunch.
Reply Quote
WOW!!! thank you so much! i had the same problem downloading extremely slow, now im going nicely at around 2 mb/s !
Reply Quote
wow thank you man! having the same problem had checked all ports on firewall and router and nothing was suppost to be blocking the connection but this seemed to be the problem.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
How can I do this on windows 7?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings button at the bottom -> uncheck "Automatically detect settings"
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Yeah this made my download speed go up dramatically. Thanks for the tip.
Reply Quote
Thank you so much, I wouldn't have made the launch date if not for this.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Priest
whatever you did switched my download estimate from 8k hours to 2 hours, eternally thankful
Reply Quote
thank you very very much
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Priest
whatever you did switched my download estimate from 8k hours to 2 hours, eternally thankful
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Thank you sir THANK YOU SO MUCH! amg :D 2249 hours to 4 XD
Reply Quote
wow I had no idea I could download blizzard games this fast thanks
Edited by greyson#1935 on 5/13/2012 10:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I TIP MY HAT TO YOU SIR 5 HOURS to 50 mins!
Reply Quote
Omg thanks for the help!
download was at 8 hours then went down to 25 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thanks!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]