Diablo® III

SOLVED: Slow download issues.

Went from 0 to 2.3 MB/sec. THANK YOU!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
DUUUUDDEEE THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
Reply Quote
Man, this actually worked! I was getting around 300kbs and now over 6mbps...
Reply Quote
Bump to keep n top for others. Good stuff
Reply Quote
Add me to the "Thanks" list. This worked for me as well.
Reply Quote
disabled peer to peer downloading went from around 250kbs to 600kbs, must've been the uploading messing up my connection speed.
Reply Quote
I still dont get a decent speed :/
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warlock
I tried this but is not working.....the launcher says i have a firewall on, but i don't... :( any help?
Reply Quote
Thank you so much!! <3

After spending the entire day trying to download a 60MB patch, of which I only downloading 15MB in the span of 10 hours, I was officially ready to give up.

Your solution saved me!!

I never would have thought Blizzard would choose IE and wininet.dll as their internet interface, but they did. As a person who never uses IE in the course of their daily life, this would have been the last place to look (after a few days of nothing but frustration, of course.)

Thank you very much, you saved my sanity!!
Reply Quote
this worked for me! now im getting 3.64 mb/s speed from 57kb/s thank you!
Reply Quote
Thanks for your solution. It worked great!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
This should be stickied - instantly went from 85 kb/s to over 1mb/s
Reply Quote
I owe OP a beer for defusing my ragemode tonight. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much, now getting much faster speeds :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
thanks, its a weird thing, i say microsoft is to blame, hahaha, thx for the help!
Reply Quote
Thanks, this is the fix that anyone getting hung on downloads needs to use, blizzard should sticky this
Reply Quote
I went into my options thinking "there is no way this is seriously going to fix anything". Why is this check box causing problems???? Anyways, thanks OP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Ok yeah this helped. Turns out if you have some sort of Internet Security program like Norton or Mcafee this option can be selected without notice. This would explain why my laptop downloaded the program without issue and my desktop could not. Out of the two the desktop was the only one with a program of that type. By default the option is unchecked. Thanks for the assist!!
Reply Quote
HOLY HELL! wtf
Reply Quote
great mr. windows genius, now any ideas for a mac user?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]