Diablo® III

SOLVED: Slow download issues.

Thanks so much. Went from 400kbs to 3.2 mbs
Reply Quote
boom 300kb/s --> 10+mb/s ... So someone PLEASE explain why does this work, and why the fruit doesnt blizzard post it in their faq.

However, ty OP
Reply Quote
You are a LEGEND! Seriously iv had issues always with the blizz downloader and this worked instantly!!! WInning..... Maybe ill get a chance to play D3 no im getting ultimate speed
Reply Quote
Thanks! I went from 5 hours to 14 minutes. Getting 8Mbyte/s now. :)
Reply Quote
thanks man,

they should def sticky this.
Reply Quote
Dude, THANK YOU... I was ready to call my ISP and cancel. I pay for 50Mb/s down and I was getting... ZERO on this DL. Now I'm hitting up in the 2/3Mb/s range.

You just saved Blizzard $60. :D
Reply Quote
Thank you for this!
Reply Quote
+1 tyvm
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Adding another thank-you to the pile! Jumped me from something ridiculously slow to over 3mb/s
Reply Quote
From all I recall, this option is just used to detect a wpad.dat file on your network for javascript settings used for proxy detection. This is really weird that it would have such a substantial effect on Blizzard's downloader. Wow. Thank you for the tip, I was bummed out I couldn't play today. 200KB->3MB. You're the best! I wouldn't have ever thought to look there. I wonder if they maintain multiple chunks as seperate http get requests, each one of them attempting to pull a new proxy config.
A quick protocol analysis in Wireshark shows that this is indeed the behaviour. Weird design, Blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
even tho this does nothing for me this has been around the forums for a long time and people still are just now finding it?
Reply Quote
wow!! I run win 7 and it worked for me too, thanks for the help man! I thought i was stuck at 77% forever!!!!
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Rayo
even tho this does nothing for me this has been around the forums for a long time and people still are just now finding it?

D3 just got released, not every1 plays sc2/wow etc?
And if its been around for a long time, it should have a spot in blizzards downloader faq, most ppl know how to config their routers... most ppl won't come up with this by them selves.
Reply Quote
Yeah, first pc game for me since the good old quake days. I wish I would have bought the damn disc now but I'm lazy and hate going out to the stores. The reviews on this game online are not very good, but everyone I talk to says different.
Reply Quote
Dude - props. I may play this game yet...
Reply Quote
Hey I have the problem too, When i download the speed is around 100kb-200kb. I live in South Africa but do not think that can be the cause of the slow download. With speedtest.net I get around 5mb/s. I am downloading thru wifi from my router. I tried using a cable but that made my speed drop till about 20kb/s. I did turn of the settings in IE but did not really help. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Down from 8 hours to 40min - Impressive
Reply Quote
Many, many thanks to the OP. A virtual beer from me to you.

Shame and disgrace to be heaped on Blizzard for (a) not figuring out the issue and solving it (b) not putting it in the FAQ, and (c) not making this thread trivial to find.

But thanks again, OP!
Reply Quote
Bump - another live saved.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
1up
thanks very much brother this helped with star craft 2 download, you're great! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]