Diablo® III

Download Reset - Please Help

My Diablo 3 installer download has reset itself. I had approx. 5 gb of the installer downloaded and I went to finish it off today and now it says I only have 616mb... I check the folder properties and indeed it is only 616mb... I had over 5gb before and now it is only 616mb. I need help, I am worried that I won't finish the download in time for release (my internet is reeeeaaaally slow so it takes a long time to download) and if this happens again tomorrow what then?

Any help is appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I'm having the same problem. I just watched my download finish and it would never stop or let me confirm that the download was done. I closed it and started it back up and it started back over at 3 gigs. : (
Reply Quote
Similar problem here, happened to me twice with eu and us downloader restarting all the way back to 36mb.
Reply Quote
So, does anyone know what causes this or a way to prevent it?
Reply Quote
it seems like mine has reset to like 23mb too. but my internet blows at night its running at 100 k/bs. BUT! its loading alot faster than 100 kb/s. so maybe give it a bit? not really sure.
Reply Quote
Same thing happening to me. I AM SO UPSET!
Reply Quote
72 Human Hunter
I just posted this in another thread but same applies:

After looking around a bit in the actual Diablo III installer file, I found "Previous versions" under properties. It showed the 5gb file download from before my downloader closed. I simply clicked on the file and pressed "restore".

After about 10 minutes I had my 5gb back, and then restarted the blizzard downloader by opening it to the same spot you originally saved the file to.

After about three minutes of "initializing", it finally moved and said "checking". Another five minutes later, it had checked up to my previous 5gb and resumed downloading.

P.S. At some point it wouldn't let me do anything due to not having permission or some junk like that. I eventually found out that the Installer folder was set to "Read Only", so as soon as I unclicked that option and it let me open downloader again.
Edited by Kip#6359 on 5/15/2012 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]