Diablo® III

Having to re-download whole game again?

85 Night Elf Priest
So like many, I redownloaded the installer to fix the 41% eject issue. But now I am getting the problem that the entire game is trying to be redownloaded, even though I had already done so awhile ago.

Any idea's on how I can make my new installer recognize that I already have the game files downloaded, and that they just need installed?
Reply Quote
same problem
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Bump for a ridiculously fast moving forum.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
im having the same problem any idea what to do??
Reply Quote
same issue, i downloaded and updated setup files many times leading up to today, old .exe file was Diablo III Setup.exe, and came up with a decryption error, so redownloaded game installer and now its Diablo-III Setup-enUS.exe and im redownloading the 8gigs
Reply Quote
im having the same problem any idea what to do??
Reply Quote
You cant make the new downloader see the old files. The old ones were compressed and encrypted. The new downloader downloads the game whole into the installation directory.

Good news is the speeds are fast. Getting 1.5-2mb/sec. It goes quickly.
Reply Quote
Same problem here
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Gah, rather unfortunate for those who work/don't have access to the internet until later today.

Pretty big blunder to have to completely re-download the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
same redownloading completely
Reply Quote
my download speed is ultra slow, what should I do to fix it ?
Reply Quote
For a billion-dollar company, this downloader nonsense is pretty inexcusable.

After my downloader finished, I had to start again from about halfway. I'd have lost my mind if I had to go back to the start. All this extra downloading is gonna put me over my monthly usage cap. So basically I'm paying more for the game than I already gave.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I've heard that people are getting stuck in the later percentages of the download. Truly hope that this redownload also does not suffer from that. :/

Snafu's everywhere.
Reply Quote
Yep, it is redownloading everything @ around 675kb/s

Blah
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Mage
This seems to be a bit of a bother as I can't afford to just re-download 8GB games every time something changes, a bump for a possible compromise for those of us who have already pre- downloaded!

Peace...

and send those denizens of the Burning Hells back where they came from!
Reply Quote
Same problem, copy-paste from my thread :

So I'm having an extremely frustrating problem, this one :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789564

Seems easy right? Use the downloader, and in a few minutes it will be fixed. My fault for not realizing 100% is not actually 100%.

Just download the : Diablo-III-8730-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe
Everything will be OK!

But guess what? Blizzard has gracefully decided to remove the downloader from their site. Instead we have an installer. I downloaded it on March 15th, the downloader is long gone from my system because I had the complete game downloaded... nope.

So I just choose a location with the installer and it will recognize that I already have everything downloaded, RIGHT? Of course not, that would be easy. No matter what I do the installer ignores the existing files.

So I am now stuck downloading another 8gig, when I already downloaded it, because Blizzard didn't think ahead. I have limit internet usage, thanks Blizzard. Very appreciated.

Very disappointed that a problem that should be fixed in 2 minutes is causing me to re-download an entire game.

Freaking brilliant.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
When restarting the downloader, make sure to select the directory that contains the Diablo 3 installer instead of the Diablo 3 install folder itself.

So if you have C:\games\Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer
You would select C:\games

Otherwise the downloader will create another Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer inside your Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer folder and start downloading the full game there.

Update: These steps will only work if you are using the old pre-downloader. We recently switched over to the streaming installer for Diablo 3. If you weren't finished downloading using the pre-downloader when the streaming installer went live, then unfortunately that data won't be of much help. The streaming installer will be able to install the full game though.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Edited by Jurannok on 5/14/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]