Diablo® III

Having to re-download whole game again?

62 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just redownloaded the game again and its onlu 7.76gb however i can access the login screen and it states 'this game is up to date'.

I thought it was 15gb?
Reply Quote
I have managed to download the Blizzard downloader from some random website. Hopefully this will work, but honestly it should be easy to download from the account page instead of having to risk viruses by downloading an .exe from another website.
Reply Quote
When restarting the downloader, make sure to select the directory that contains the Diablo 3 installer instead of the Diablo 3 install folder itself.

So if you have C:\games\Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer
You would select C:\games

Otherwise the downloader will create another Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer inside your Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer folder and start downloading the full game there.

Check your G-diffuser system!

I did exactly that, and it's downloading the whole 7.6 GB again.
Reply Quote
Didn't fix anything for me, either. IN fact, I ahd already selected the appropriate folder. Mine simply downloaded all 7gb (confirmed by my ISP usage stats), and the game then made 3+ of it disappear, needing to be re-downloaded.

Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
so when installing the installer in the install folder you want me to install the installer but really u want me too uninstall and reinstall???
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Tried what blue said, still downloading whole thing. :s
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Still having the same issue. Good thing I pre-downloaded so I'd be ready at release...
Reply Quote
Why does blizzard always have their heads up their asses, they never fixed their installers even when they knew it was faulty from the beta.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Shaman
When restarting the downloader, make sure to select the directory that contains the Diablo 3 installer instead of the Diablo 3 install folder itself.

Otherwise the downloader will create another Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer inside your Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer folder and start downloading the full game there.

I followed your instructions exactly. Not only did the installer check my entire ~8 gig game but it opened the game client and started re downloading the entire game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yay looks like i cannot play until June 1st. :| Yay for bandwidth allowances and having to share with 5 other people
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
God damn it Blizz, seems like there's always something that has to go wrong. Our relationship is a bittersweet one at best... I'm having the exact same problems, I tried uninstalling what I've already installed and then I re-downloaded another client because apparently the client I was using was from late March and I don't even know anymore and I can't explain how frustrating this is for me. So now it's at 20%, it's moving slower than the one that made it to 41% and got stuck, but I hope it works.
Reply Quote

the thing is, blizzard dont offer the downloader anymore, only the new setup thing that download and install the game
i want to find the downloader to see if i can save some of the files i already downloaded
idownloading the old downloader from other website might be dangerous
Reply Quote
Blizzard is a bunch of *%%*less idiots, fix your !@#$.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Same thing happened to me, but on the bright side....

I downloaded the entire 8gb in about 2 hours.

Working fine now, ready to go.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Any other idea's Blizz? It seems like we need just an updated downloader, not the setup. It would be great for those of us with a bandwidth cap. :/
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yeah I guess the original downloader and installer were crap...which sucks for wanting to get pre downloaded and ready. If you download their setup file from the battle.net site and start it up..it will start a diablo launcher and begin dling much like the wow launcher. 8.06 gigs instead of that 7.6 from the old downloader.
Edited by Merlin#1297 on 5/14/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
OKT
05/14/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Kiip
Yeah I guess the original downloader and installer were crap...which sucks for wanting to get pre downloaded and ready. If you download their setup file from the battle.net site and start it up..it will start a diablo launcher and begin dling much like the wow launcher. 8.06 gigs instead of that 7.6 from the old downloader.

My problem exactly. I downloaded the client on Saturday (took 5 hours). Today I started the install and got the ever so popular 108 error, fixed that, and instead of just fixing the corrupted/broken/incomplete file it opens the launcher and is currently dl'ing the ENTIRE thing again. I can't wait to see what challenge awaits me after this one is finished dl'ing. I fI run into similar errors the rest of the day I'm just going to have to break down and go get in a midnight opening lineup, possibly costing a few hours play time and completely invalidating the only reason I signed up for the annual pass.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]