Diablo® III

Having to re-download whole game again?

90 Goblin Warrior
Tried everything. Guess I'm dl'ing again. Way to !@#$ it up Blizz.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I wish we could just get a response from another blue, as the previous blue post suggestion is not possible, as there is no downloader/installer available anymore, just the setup.exe

:/
Reply Quote
I am on mac, downloaded the new installation (40mb). Using the us version.

Installing now (3% after like 20 mins), and it said total download remaining: 8gb

I copied the installer into my old folder.

Blizzard explain please..... this is ridiculous..
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I am so !@#$ing pissed blizzard. I have downloaded this %^-*ing game three times. and now i have to do it again, and i won't even been able to play at release. i swear to !@#$ing god.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I had the full pre-download here, but my .part file wasnt being fixed by the old downloader, which was crashing after saying "download complete".
I've deleted Tome 2.part and now I'm downloading it again at 100kbps, HOPING this will work, because it's hard to be sure when it comes to blizzard.
Funny thing is, why launching the client so late, hours before the game launch? I was excited and ready to play by the time the game launches, now I wont be able to.
This company is so frustating
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This happened to me as well. Was halfway done last night, this morning back to zero. Given our super slow internet speeds and the fact that we can't use the internet when the download is running, it'll likely be a week before I can play. Not impressed, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
This is extremely disappointing. I thought that we pre-downloaded the 7.6 ish gigs long beforehand and I prepped by doing just that. Now today in the nick of time, these IT staff people decide to switch over and tell us to d/l another 8 gigs.

"Here you go you lemmings! D/L another 8 gigs on launch day! All that time you spent predownloading was useless! Hahahaha"
Edited by Faintsmile#1830 on 5/14/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's what fixed this problem for me. Luckily i still had the old dowloader.

1° Run the downloader and select the directory that contains the diablo 3 installer. It should
first be checking for the whole 7.6 Gb file. Then the downloader thing will appear and try to
download a file just over 8Gb in size. Close it.

2° After that you need to uninstall diablo 3 or the dowloader will keep popping and it won't
let you install it (at least thats what it did for me)

3° Now you should be able to install the game properly
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior

1° Run the downloader and select the directory that contains the diablo 3 installer. It should
first be checking for the whole 7.6 Gb file. Then the downloader thing will appear and try to

2° After that you need to uninstall diablo 3 or the dowloader will keep popping and it won't

It worked and is now installing instead of re-dl'ing. Thank you for sharing.
Reply Quote
I got the old installer to recognize the pre downloaded files on my Mac as well.Here is what I did:

I placed the downloader in a folder along with the D3 data that I had downloaded previously. Then I started the downloader and told it to download files to the folder with BOTH the installer and the Diablo 3 folder in it(named "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer"), do NOT select the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" as the download destination. Worked for me, hopefully it works for everyone else as well!
Reply Quote
Did everything what could have fixed this damn problem except with the old downloader. Seemed to have deleted it after completing my download. Can somebody reupload that or something? This damn game cost me serious money and all I get is re-DLing the whole damn thing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I didn't have the old dl'er either. I ran the new launcher until it started the 8GB dl. Then uninstalled D3 and went back to the pre-dl file. Launched the D3 setup file and it's all good now. Did you try that yet?
Reply Quote
Well it keeps on saying that I have 9 hours left of download 7.60gb hinting that it's just downloading a whole new batch. To prove that it doesn't work for me at all, I saw 2 folders of "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" in my directory which is really really weird. Not one of them has the name "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer(1)" but 2 of the same original name it. This is really frustrating me to no end.

EDIT: NEVERMIND THIS. I had the mistake of not checking of downloading the right downloader. I mistakenly downloaded the EU version of the downloader as Blizzard is not willing to let us download the US downloader. FIXED!
Edited by riotman#1186 on 5/14/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did that, but its still restarting from the beginning
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I also had success. After the 8 gig DL started, I stopped it, uninstalled Diablo, located my pre-install setup file (downloaded late March) and ran that. It re-installed and works just fine. I just watched the initial video and got my logon screen.
Reply Quote

IT WORKS! It's installing the thing. Let's hope that it won't show the 41% error. I freaki... love you!
Reply Quote
It showed the 41 error... I hate u Blizz.
Reply Quote
worst damn game installer i've ever come accross!

all these people have .part files problems because its not clear what that damn installer is doing! i'm downloading the entire 7.6 gigs for the 3'rd frigging time now!
the 2'nd time i let the installer finish and close down by itself, and guess what...all files were stil .part files!! i relaunched the installer hoping that it would continue with the .part files but nothing happend.

i've downloaded and played a number of asian-made even a russian-made mmo with big download files, and nothing of this nature happened. all went smooth.

so how the !@#$ does a billion dollar flagship company like Blizzard explain this rubbish installer for Diablo 3 on the launch day of the game?!?

we have the year 2012. is this the top of computering technology?
cheap %^- muthafukars... have u lost interest in your customers? just give them some rubish and let them pay full price right?!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard, please, I'm begging you... Don't use another installer like Diablo's never more! D:
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Awesome, im so happy to waste my night re downloading when i should be playing right now. This is why i bought the annual pass and pre downloaded. Way to Go Bizzard. Epic Fail
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]