Diablo® III

Having to re-download whole game again?

I'm pretty pissed that the downloading of the game seems to have gone pretty poorly for myself and many others. That being said I finally got mine to work (hopefully, it's still downloading but past the point of previous issues). I just decided to search all the directories on my computer for "diablo" and delete all the files that came up and download the new installer again.

It would be nice to see Blizzard compensate people for issues especially those with data caps. Good luck to everyone else.
Reply Quote
No this does not work Blizzard!!! http://www.gamespot.com/diablo-iii/forum/so-im-downloading-d3-and-this-happened-62802307/ It overwrites the original file!!!! if it happens again what did I pay $60 for and most of us don't have unlimited bandwidth. My file was at 7.4gb downloaded when it closed and I did exactly what the pre install download instructions suggested by choosing the same file but it started me back at 0% and lost the 7.4 gb of data already downloaded. Who is to say this will not happen again, I feel as though we should be credited on our account in some form of compensation for the loss of bandwidth, time, and the fact that after 12 years of waiting some of us will not be able to join our friends at launch which was the whole point of this pre install. I feel as though if this continues to happen I am out $60. Even if you guys were to remove the %15 Paypal transfer fee for the first month or something but to our standards as a customer this is pretty pathetic!
Edited by TheThrone#1289 on 5/14/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Had the same 'insert disc' error at 41% and just finished installing with the new downloader (3 1/2 hours later).
I've mentioned this before but I can't help but question Blizz for not letting us install the digital copy before today. The last time I pointed out that it would be better to know early if there was a problem with the pre-download I was told that if the 'fire in the sky still falls' message comes up we should have no problem with the install when it became available.
I just hope someone learns from this and we can avoid these problems on future releases.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have the Installer Tome 3.part and had also had Installer Tome 3.MPQE. The .MPQE was 0 KB and the .part was ~3.57gbs. I tried to rename the .part and delete the .MPQE, but the downloader just starts downloading as if the .part file doesn't exist. Wat do
Reply Quote
Why am I getting the Downloader when I have the install CD? Or is this just an empty disk?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007220958 everyone reply to this! Regarding Compensation!
Reply Quote
Thanks to carifex. His steps worked for me. Saved me 6 Gigs of bandwidth because I had started to download the entire game again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Just delete everything and use the streaming installer... It worked for me on the first try and I believe it was done in less than an hour.
Reply Quote
Orth, some people (including me) are still on basic DSL due to the apartments they live in. Last year I was on a 14mb connection. I am now on a 3mb connection with limited bandwidth.

People just want their 8 gb worth of files to work correctly, which is understandable. Its also why there are people trying to figure a fix out.
Reply Quote
Epic !@#$ing fail

So they changed their downloader and those of us who already downloaded the game weeks ago and didn't manage to update it again before the "new installer" came out are screwed? So pissed off right now I don't even want to play the game. I've spent many hours today fighting to install this game and now less than 2 hours out from going live I have to download the whole thing again.

edit - oh to rub salt into the wound I'm on my last 10GB of my monthly quota so I'll have to pay my ISP another 10 bucks for an extra 5GB , !@#$ing sweet...
Edited by Orkblut#1136 on 5/14/2012 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's what fixed this problem for me. Luckily i still had the old dowloader.1° Run the downloader and select the directory that contains the diablo 3 installer. It should first be checking for the whole 7.6 Gb file. Then the downloader thing will appear and try to download a file just over 8Gb in size. Close it.2° After that you need to uninstall diablo 3 or the dowloader will keep popping and it won't let you install it (at least thats what it did for me) 3° Now you should be able to install the game properly

WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There isnt an uninstall option sometimes, so just delete the fresh Diablo 3 folder from the most recent download.
Reply Quote
All of my data was over written when I started the downloader this morning. ~7GB of data gone in a blink of an eye.
Edited by x3igh7#1623 on 5/15/2012 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
DO NOT uninstall the game unless you have copied/backed up all the files.... I hit uninstall and it deleted the entire D3 directory, including my files I had copied into there.... now I have to start the downloader over from 7.02 GB to get it back to 7.6 :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Anybody know how to change the settings of the downloader to request me to download at max speed instead of the 'normal' download rate? This 130-200k per second download rate crap is annoying as hell.... I only need to download 600MB!
Reply Quote
how to uninstall diablo 3 in the second step that you all keep mention?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The same way you do any other program/game.... Control panel/programs and features (Add and remove programs if you're running windows XP) and select it and hit uninstall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]