Diablo® III

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series unsupported error?

My game will not start. I am getting the unsupported error for the HD 7900 card I have. This is a top of the line card that just came out this year and I didnt have any issues in beta. I dont see it listed on the unsupported cards either.

Am I getting this message in error?

Thanks
Edited by Kryptic#1929 on 5/14/2012 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same thing here with the 6450.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Make sure you have the 12.4a hotfix installed for your drivers:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888569301

If that doesn't work, you can try downgrading to the 12.3 drivers or just hit escape when the box pops up that your graphics card is unsupported instead of hitting ok.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
You mean 7900 series, right?

Have you updated your Catalyst drivers?
Reply Quote
When I run the updater in the control center it says it is up to date. Downloading 12.4 now to make sure. 12.4a says that it does not apply to the 7900 but worse case I will try that too.

Right now I am reinstalling D3 full after deleting the file under libraries\documents. I was in the demo and was wondering if that might be causing an issue.

Will update with what I find for others.
Reply Quote
When I run the updater in the control center it says it is up to date. Downloading 12.4 now to make sure. 12.4a says that it does not apply to the 7900 but worse case I will try that too.

Right now I am reinstalling D3 full after deleting the file under libraries\documents. I was in the demo and was wondering if that might be causing an issue.

Will update with what I find for others.
Reply Quote
After the reinstall of D3 the message is still coming up. But the tip about hitting escape instead of clicking ok does actually launch the game! Thanks for that tip.

Reinstalling 12.4 now to see what happens.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Yeah, hitting escape when the error popped up worked for me as well.
Reply Quote
Just to ease your mind im using a 7900 card with 12.4 CAP 1 drivers, no errors.
Reply Quote
I installed the same release you have listed DFx. Still having the same error however.

I am running Windows 7 x32 with a Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Windforce card. Not sure if there is a difference there.

At least I can still ESC the message and still get in. Things seem to be running fine there. Put my resolution to 2560x1600 and things were still working fine.
Reply Quote
Driver issue. Use the right AMD driver for your card model or series.
Reply Quote
Having the same issue with the 5400 series.

Hitting Esc bypasses it though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]