Diablo® III

A new Diablo 3 book coming out

Hi, my name is Zachria Sheldon.

I wanted to stop by, and tell you about my new book coming out Diablo 3 Gold Rush or Bust. First off this isn't a gold guide of any kind.No this is a nonfiction book about the Diablo 3 economy, a journalistic adventure through all the excitement, triumph, sorrow and even humor it is sure to bring.

Here's a link to the book trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daulIs3NtTI so you can find out all about it!

Here is the great part...... this month on my indiegogo campiagn page http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/103610?a=554330

it is only $1 to download.

I will have a Kickstarter link up in a few days, just waiting for approval.That is, if you prefer them better. A word about Indiegogo; I have had great experiences with them and even though their not as well known as Kickstarter they are growing every day and are very easy to deal with.

This is a book about Diablo 3 players and will be most appreciated by the D3 community, so why not give you a sweet deal in the beginning.

I really think you will enjoy reading about the things we will cover:

The basics of the D3 economy for those who have been under a rock for the last month

The swirling controversy and the anticpation of the RMAH

Meet the big time winners the auctioneers extroidnaire's as well as the tales of woe from
it's biggest losers.

How did it all pan out, was it hype or just a big flaming Hindeburgh that crushed all in under it's path.

We will talk to the players , crunch the numbers and hear all the fun filled stories of a new
e-commerce economy as it's born.

* There will also be an accompanying website so you can follow the action daily if you so desire.

Quick excerpt from the book's intro

It was the best of times.........It was paying almost 30 percent in fee's and still finding a way to scratch together a few bucks of profit on the RMAH. Ah, the controversy that swirled around such a simple brilliant innovation of let PC gamers get paid to play a game that they love and already play obsessively every single day. You would have thought Blizzard was trying to give out free health care or something.This might have been the beginning of things, but the story that unfolds after is the one that has to be told.

So, sit. Stay awhile.......and listen.

To tales and lore of sweat shop gold farmers , energy drink bingers, and even a windforce moment or two for the lucky few.

We are determined to document what will be a important part of internet history, and would love to have your help and suggestions to make this the best project possible. If you have stories to tell, or want to volunteer on the website,or just want to read the book and it's follow up ........

DO INFERNO COWS TASTE LIKE CHICKEN ?
a humorous romp through the fields and marshlands, to hell and back and again past the Inferno grazing cow level, as we explore and revel in Diablo 3 and how it affected players lives, some for the better, some for the worst, and some just went absolute bat !@#$ nutty!
Reply Quote
Thanks
Reply Quote
Looks cool can't wait to check it out!
Reply Quote
Just something to keep in mind here. Because you have agreed to the Terms of Use and End User License Agreement in order to play the game, Blizzard will technically own your book and will be able to legally invoice you for all funds gained.

Battle.net ToU: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

- Under section 9, "Blizzard reserves all rights in connection with the Games and the Service, including without limitation the exclusive right to create derivative works".

Battle.net EULA: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula.html

- Under section 2(A)(ix), "The following components of Battle.net and/or the Games, are owned or licensed by Blizzard:" ... "The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on Battle.net or the Games".

- Also under section 1(C)(i), "Blizzard may revoke your license to use Battle.net and/or the Games if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:" ... "create derivative works based on or related to the Battle.net Client or Games".

Blizzard Legal FAQ: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/legal-faq.html

- Additional information about derivative products, adaptations, and merchandising.

Before you proceed with your Indiegogo campaign and especially before you proceed with digitally or physically publishing your book, I would recommend having your attorney contact Blizzard's legal department to get in touch with merchandise licensing.

That, or give your book away for free instead of selling it. (If I'm being honest, this is really going to be your only option in this case.)
Edited by wiqqido#1324 on 3/26/2015 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]