Diablo® III

Can my computer run D3?

85 Troll Mage
I'm thinking of buying Diablo 3, but I am not sure if my computer can run it. I read the system requirements, and I know I have everything except "Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+" and "NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better", because I have absolutely no idea what that means. If someone could tell me where I would find these, I would really appreciate it. Just keep in mind I'm a computer noob, so don't use a ton of technical words. I'm running Windows XP.
Edited by Caboose on 5/14/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Bump
Reply Quote
Since I'm too lazy to type it all out I'm stealing this from VincentLaw:

... we need to know the video card of your system. It is the most important part of the computer when determining compatibility with Diablo 3. You can do this by:

Press Windows Key + R. Type: dxdiag
Hit OK.
If it asks you a question first, say no.

Under the Display (1) tab, please tell us the "name" of your video card.

Also give us the Processor "name" under the System tab.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Video card: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
Reply Quote
Yes, follow those instructions above. That program will tell us all we need. The System Tab will tell you everything except the video card. The Display Tab will tell you the video card.

Post it here and we can tell you exactly whether you can run it or not.

Edit: Your PC is too old to play the game acceptably. Both your CPU and Video card are below minimum requirements. You would do well to invest in a new computer.
Edited by VincentLaw#1115 on 5/14/2012 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That graphics card is unsupported so the game wouldn't even start
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]