Diablo® III

Diablo III Expansion

As far as I'm concerned, the lore stopped at LoD... D3's plot was horrible. So it really doesn't matter what they do with the expansion(s).
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 02:04 AMPosted by Hexxus
As far as I'm concerned, the lore stopped at LoD... D3's plot was horrible. So it really doesn't matter what they do with the expansion(s).

I agree. If they were going to play up everything that happened as part of Diablo's grand scheme to become the 'Prime Evil' they needed to set it up much much earlier. Just seemed like we've run out of Great Evils for bosses (the Butcher got promoted?) and now we have to wrap it up with Diablo still somehow being the final boss.

And this is without getting started on Tyrael, Deckard or Leah... or the great load of nothing Imperius ended up doing.

PS Imperius for XP1 boss I'm calling it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all as fate lies shattered forever."

Considering the first parts of the prophecy have literally happened (Justice shall fall, ect.) I'm pretty sure Malthael is going to kill Itherael.

05/17/2012 02:04 AMPosted by Hexxus

Just because you don't like the lore doesn't mean the story stopped for those of us that did.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Talk to the Gem vendor Chen, the way he describes his adventures in his search for a Jewel which imprisons some kind of big bad wreaks of future content foreshadowing. Assuming it's not some expanded universe crap he's referencing of course.
Reply Quote
Blizz , Diablo 3 will have an expansions ? A kind of WOW ?
Edited by faelnpaiva#1525 on 5/17/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am sure there will be an expansion.

The soulstone was not destroyed, and Adria is still alive. Also I really hope there will be some way to save Leah's soul, I liked the ending, but I still feel they need to do something for Leah, she was my favorite character and I find it wrong to just leave it like this.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Orda
Talk to the Gem vendor Chen, the way he describes his adventures in his search for a Jewel which imprisons some kind of big bad wreaks of future content foreshadowing. Assuming it's not some expanded universe crap he's referencing of course.

All the followers and artisans and open ended stories. Think that's just the way they were written.

On that note though did we ever find out who or what Shen even was?
Reply Quote
Metzen did hint to the fact that the Worldstone could still be intact "Can you destroy a Worldstone?" @ BlizzCon Lore panel if I'm not mistaken

Imperius could be corrupted from his stab wound from the Prime Evil

Nephalem could be the next enemy, Kulle was the first hint that it could turn that way and with Adria MIA I could easily seen it spinning that way.

The Malthael being MIA is another choice

Lilith and Inarius would be interesting plot characters to bring in since they did make Sanctuary

Should be fun non-the-less
Reply Quote
there could be something connected with the corrupted zakarum and mephisto :?
there's actually a book somewhere in act 3/4 about the lord of hatred and how cain fears that he might return.
Reply Quote
as i posted in another thread, Imperius will not be the final boss of D3 expansion, he will be boss of an act perhaps second last. for any of you that watched the wrath trailer, we got a hint from blizz that imperius is a very arrogant and prideful angel, and when his arrogance and pride takes over, Valor shall become Wrath. Now, as of final boss, "The longer we fight evil, the more it corrupt us" remember this quote as tyrael said. and to elaborate over "death at last shall spread its wings over all". Tyrael now is human, he has seen the world as a human, and he now can be corrupted. The reason why i dont think any other "non fallen" angels can be corrupted is because in the scroll of fate, angels' fate are already predetermined, thus they will wage the eternal war against demons, but Tyrael, changed his fate by becoming a human, and human cannot resist the power of Diablo. and i'd imagine when he become a prime-evil, he will have wings

---"come to the dark side, we have wings"
Reply Quote
i posted this in another thread:

Last post was a quick brainless writ so I'm going to gather my thoughts and ideas more coherently this time.

Pretty much, OP, I think the reference to the fact that he is "shattered" relates to some unknown relationship he shared with the world stone. As the wiki (source from a novel I assume) suggests he couldn't comprehend such an idea when it was shattered, he left. I assume since he is/was the angel of wisdom (Wiki defintion: Wisdom is a deep understanding and realization of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to apply perceptions, judgements and actions in keeping with this understanding. It often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that universal principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true coupled with optimum judgment as to action), he has probably come under the realization that Tyrael's ignorant (emotional) action reflects the imperfections of even the Angels themselves. He probably decided that he wants to get rid of both Angels and Demons to Start a new world order (or perhaps to just destroy everything because everything doesn't know better). This plot or plan most likely involves putting everyone against each other, and everyone being Inarius, lilth, and the Nephalem.

I assume Maltheus is plotting a way to release Inarius (more then likely as the evils have been vanquished) to create another worldstone (Inarius used the worldstone as a source of power many times) to "destroy the nephalem of sanctuary". He is also probably plotting to find a way to get lilth back so that she can resume her previous intentions of trying to destroy the heavens and (well hell pretty much defeated). Lilth was said (in the novels) to have manipulated previous nephalem, so I assume she would either try to coerce you or other nephelam (maybe the diablo 2 characters?) to fight against eachother and the angels so that Sanctuarians can become all powerful.

Pretty much these events would make heaven and hell vulnerable as well as sanctuary. The heroes (us) would probably mess up Lilth, and most of the opposing nephalem, shortening the number of strong heroes. This would be justified by Tyrael finally seeing through lilth's guise and putting the heroes(us) on the right path. The heroes would finally reach Inarius at the new worldstone and defeat him (with tyrael's help but Tyrael would be hurt in the process, mortally wounded perhaps).

When Inarius is defeated Malthael would stroll up and take the world stone for himself while everyone is vulnerable and (consume? destroy? rewrite?) the world how he sees fit. But the valiant Nephalem come to the rescue and destroy Malthael. With the Angels and Demons currently defeated right now, Tyrael would probably realize before he parishes that the right thing would be to spare humanity and Save sanctuary by (not sure how but best guess) using the world stone to erase the heaven and hell allowing mankind to forge their own destiny or (insert modern rhetoric about fate and destiny influenced under atheist ideology (since there is no more heaven and hell)).

If that isn't going to be the expansion then You're welcome Blizzard I have just set the plot for Diablo 4

I'm guessing imperius and the other angels will be played as pawns too, but this is what i think will happen.
Reply Quote
*SPOILER*

Well i was thinking, what about Leah's mother??
She betrayed the "god side" for Diablo and disappeared in a portal.
I personally want to find her and beat the !@#$ out of her for betrayed me in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
There will be an expansion. Or perhaps content patches? Maybe a combo of both.

Adria is still out there and still must have SOME sort of comeuppance for the whole turning the main character of the plot for the first 75% of the game into the vessel of Diablo thing. The way they pulled that twist off was just...all sorts of anticlimactic.
Reply Quote
We have a prophecy and i believe it doesnt end with diablo 3

"Death at last shall spread its wings over all"

Refering to malthael going bannnannnnerrrs and you know so i believe he will become a huge threat later in the game possibly the first expansion.
That and I still want to kill Imperius for being a complete #**#.
Reply Quote
i think there will be an expansion because Adria left the game. maybe she'll be the next diablo or whatsoever? :D
Reply Quote
but then, who will be the interpreter by that time? Cain is dead hahaha
Reply Quote
Adria is Lilith.
Edited by Supermerlion#1740 on 5/17/2012 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There is a lot yet to be covered, enough to maybe 3 or 4 expansions, though I believe Blizzard discussed 2 for certain (liable to change as ever).

If I had to speculate, Malthael will return and join with Imperius in an attempt to end Sanctuary and thus claim total victory for the High Heavens in their own twisted design. To aid them in this matter, they'd recruit Inarius, freeing him from the now leaderless Burning Hells. Inarius, as the father of the Nephalem, might know how to defeat them. I suspect they might attempt to locate the Black Soulstone to gather the essence of the Angiris council into one, to recreate Anu.

Another expansion could possibly include Lilith's return and teaming up with Inarius now that the Eternal Conflict has ended, to attempt to control their wayward children.

Something that -was- planned for Diablo 3 that got dropped was visiting the City of Arah, so we might also see that. Then there are the myriad scenarios the Merchants and Followers provide, making Kingport and Westmarch a viable location to explore, possibly Xiansai as well...

In short, there are -tons- of stuff left to do. Indeed, my only complaint with Diablo 3 as it is now is that it felt too quick. There isn't really a sense of closure. Diablo 2 felt the same way until they made LoD, so I'll wait for further expansions before complaining =)
Reply Quote
"Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all as fate lies shattered forever."

Considering the first parts of the prophecy have literally happened (Justice shall fall, ect.) I'm pretty sure Malthael is going to kill Itherael.

Just because you don't like the lore doesn't mean the story stopped for those of us that did.
Malthael will become the Archangel of Death, my prediction. I expect Lilith and the other angel whose name i have forgotten to take a role in it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]