Diablo® III

Updating Setup Files AGAIN.

I have a feeling that at 12:01 am PST a few millions diablo fans will cry out in nerdrage as they for one reason (installer) or another (server failure) will not be able to play this game, surprised I am not.
Reply Quote
Are you guys all running it on a laptop, desktop or mac?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Yup. I have about 4 hours till it drops and looks like i'll be SOL. Very disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I have preloaded the game, and am also getting this error. We've told them about this issue since beta, why has nothing been done?
Reply Quote
I am regretting the digitaal purchase as well, countless errors,updating setup files freezing up.
Wasted a few hours messing around with this damn thing......
Reply Quote
Ok, I was just messing around and got it working. I'm not sure which of these steps was the kicker but here's what I did:

1. Delete Battle.Net and Blizzard Entertainment folders from ProgramData
2. Delete launcher.db from the install directory
3. Killed agent.exe before running install exe
4. Ran install .exe and it hung up at the usual spot.
5. While installer program was running I killed agent.exe again, and waited about 10 minutes. It finally finished

Hope this helps somebody.
Reply Quote
I got mine going, ran as admin and set compat to xp service pack 3 and it worked, again hope this may help the frustrated.
Reply Quote
I did those steps and waited a bit longer, My install thingie is showing now, thanks a lot guys!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I get a message saying "Launching Blizzard Launcer..." then it just hops back to 50% of "Updating setup files..." and just loops endlessly everytime Agent crashes or I kill it. This is absurd.
Reply Quote
8 Draenei Priest
Hey guys, I had exactly the same problem, tried this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606

and it worked perfectly now!
Reply Quote
My friend has Vista and currently has the problem of when it goes to download the game, it gets stuck at 0%.

He just downloaded the EU English Installer (the new one from May 12) and says it is downloading just fine.

Any idea if this will work, assuming he changes the realm to Americas since his D3 account is linked to his US B.net account..?

Or is he just wasting time by downloading this?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Ah this frequent problem. It's an easy fix, I had it when I did the Mop Beta.

1. Make sure that your system is showing hidden files.

A Handy link to help this is this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

2. Navigate to the C drive > Program Data folder. (it's best if you do it via a direct search in the search tool)

3. Delete the Battle.net folder (this usually solves it right there, but if not, do steps 4 and 5)

4. Delete the previously downloaded installer

5. Try to download and reinstall the game.
Reply Quote
install c:
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
@Cerz: The installer version really shouldn't affect the account, but you may want to ask Blizzard about that.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Operations
I have a feeling that at 12:01 am PST a few millions diablo fans will cry out in nerdrage as they for one reason (installer) or another (server failure) will not be able to play this game, surprised I am not.

Called it fail blizzard fail....
Reply Quote
Hmmm... mine is being strange. Downloaded the installer... no problems, ran the installer.. again no problems. Got to 11% and then started to download 9GB of something...

Now I'm not tech savvy and half this stuff goes over my head but I thought downlaonding the almost 8gb for the installer meant that I had all the necessary files just to be able to run the set up, install quickly and play?

Anyone know why its started to download this 9gb?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Nothing is working. I know...same song, new voice. Setup stuck and I got to something yesterday although I don't have the shortcut icon on my desktop yet. I hope this going to be resolved soon. I have downloaded, deleted, applied, updated, prayed, shaken my fist, complained to all my friends and nothing has worked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]