Diablo® III

WHERE IS the Diablo 3 downloader?!?!?!?

Ok, maybe I'm just blind & haven't seen it, but I can't find a link to download the D3 installer ANYWHERE. I've checked the main Diablo site, checked battle.net, and even did a google search. Only thing I've found thus far is a few sites that are advertising a D3 installer, but I just don't want to take the chance. I want AN OFFICIAL BLIZZARD download link. Can I get a little help here?
Reply Quote
here this could help you :D

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-presale-downloader-walkthrough
Edited by Kyoshiro#6182 on 5/14/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ya, saw that, didn't help because all I get in battle.net is an option to purchase it (which I already have).

So, if it's only showing the availability to purchase & not not being available for download means that for some reason the downloader has been taken offline (i see alot of issues in the forums), then that would be a much better & more helpful response.

But thanks for posting.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
OVERKILL,

I don't see Diablo 3 purchased on your Battle.net account. The installer will become available on the website once you've purchased the game.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
Thank you for the reply, I feel kinda privileged to have a blue response! ;)

I did NOT do the digital pre-purchase from Blizzard, I purchased 2 copies (1 regular & 1 Collector's Edition) at my local store.

However, I was under the impression that in order to help resolve install issues before launch, the Pre-Sale downloader was available to everyone to install, but would only activate when you enter your key after midnight.

Is this not the case?

Again, thanks for the response.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't know what is wrong but I got the download started on my fiances computer and it is almost done however I can't even find the installer to download on my computer. Considering I did it on his you would think it would be quite simple but the option to download is just not there. I have been on hold for over 30 minutes at this point, is there anything I can do?
Reply Quote
The downloader does not show up if you don't buy it digitally and thats that.

Absolutely stupid.

However, the installation does not require login information.

If you can get the main installation file somewhere else, it would download it just the same I assume.
Reply Quote
My understanding is that you have to pre purchase in order to have access to the downloader.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
It is not pre purchased on my fiances computer, we are picking up 2 CE's tonight at the midnight release. His just finished the download.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:56 AMPosted by SFJake
The downloader does not show up if you don't buy it digitally and thats that.

If that's the case, that is TRULY disappointing.

05/14/2012 08:56 AMPosted by SFJake
If you can get the main installation file somewhere else, it would download it just the same I assume.

The prospect of downloading from an unofficial source & potentially opening the flood gates to who-knows-what kind of monstrosities the day before release scares the bejeezus outta me.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Kaptivate
It is not pre purchased on my fiances computer, we are picking up 2 CE's tonight at the midnight release. His just finished the download.

Can you log into your Fiance's battle.net account from your computer & see the downloader? I assume it's tied to a specific b-net account, and doesn't discriminate between computers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
If I did that I would not be able to upgrade from starter edition with my key later tonight. I believe in order for it to work I have to download from my account, his just finished and on his page with all his game downloads is gives the option to upgrade. I am still on hold with blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I was able to log in to battlenet and download the "starter" edition of diablo 3 without pre purchase (ordered CE through walmart). Maybe that's only because I was in the closed beta though? No idea. Installed fine though
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Kaptivate
If I did that I would not be able to upgrade from starter edition with my key later tonight. I believe in order for it to work I have to download from my account, his just finished and on his page with all his game downloads is gives the option to upgrade. I am still on hold with blizzard.

When you do finally get through, I would LOVE to hear the response from Blizzard. Please post your results!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
The guy from blizzard I was just on the phone with told me there was no such thing as a starter edition of diablo 3 because the game has not launched yet and there is no way i was able to download it on my fiances computer. I have never had that happen to me before!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I literally asked him if he would like me to take a picture and send it to him! I have never been so insulted by anyone at blizzard before. Good thing I will not judge the whole company for one bad seed. And no my problem was not resolved.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
That's weird - because that's exactly how I just installed it
Reply Quote
Heres the digital downloader links:

Windows: http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/b74d8527-9d46-cb5c-c232-125a62c76658/Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe

MAC: http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/b74d8527-9d46-cb5c-c232-125a62c76658/Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.zip

hope this helps
Edited by CptGemini#1282 on 5/14/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OVERKILL,

I don't see Diablo 3 purchased on your Battle.net account. The installer will become available on the website once you've purchased the game.

Check your G-diffuser system!

Isnt the installer supposed to be open to everyone?

8:01am PST...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Thank you so much, yes that link did work. I am downloading now. See I knew someone would be able to help me. You are all awesome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]