Diablo® III

Couldnt get it to install on my SSD

Kept saying there wasnt the proper folder and had to throw it on my HDD, anyone know how to get around this?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Maybe try running the installation file as Admin? I had this problem with my SSD too, but I just installed it to C:/Program Files after a few attempts of trying to put it into its own "Diablo 3" folder i created.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Riun
Maybe try running the installation file as Admin? I had this problem with my SSD too, but I just installed it to C:/Program Files after a few attempts of trying to put it into its own "Diablo 3" folder i created.

same, oh well.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
if your SSD happens to be drive letter A or B, the installer won't let you use those as they're usually reserved for floppy drives.

Installed fine on two systems for me both using SSDs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I had to install to my D: drive. After that, I was able to just cut and paste the whole directory to my B: drive. Seems to work (it loads).
Reply Quote
Its funny that WoW and SC2 don't have the same problem. My question is, are you referring to the pre-downloader or installing the actual game through the launcher?

Because if I can just move the whole installed directory to my A: after then it's not really a big deal.
Reply Quote
Yeah, this is Blizzard's fault for assuming old PC stereotypes still apply. In Windows you can obviously assign any partition to the A: and B: drives. I usually do that with my optical drives to get them out of the way for my HDDs and SSDs.
Reply Quote
So any word on if we can simply move the entire diablo 3 directory after we install the game? Or will that break anything?

UPDATE: Yes you can move the entire directory, it will work fine.
Edited by Cska#1210 on 5/14/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So any word on if we can simply move the entire diablo 3 directory after we install the game? Or will that break anything?

UPDATE: Yes you can move the entire directory, it will work fine.

ok thanks got it all figured out.
Edited by Foamy#1812 on 5/14/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]