Diablo® III

Diablo 2 + Expansion

85 Blood Elf Warrior
Hey, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, i was in my local ebgames yesterday and came across the Diablo 2 and its expansion box and they wanted $40.00 for Diablo 2 and 20 for its expansion! thats still 60 bucks for a 12 year old game! yet i can go on the blizzard store and purchase both for 10 bucks each and even the battle chest is just 20bucks with all the little extra goodies.

ebgames why mark up?
Reply Quote
probably typo. you should be able to pickup the diablo battle chest at eb for like $20.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/14/2012 02:19 PMPosted by NoseNuggets
probably typo. you should be able to pickup the diablo battle chest at eb for like $20.

"Should be able to"

Some EB Games do this, you'd be surprised.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
$20 USD for me to get both on battle.net. That is unless you are wanting a hard copy.
Reply Quote
ebgames charging a retarded high price? how unusual.

i dont understand how they havent gone under like GAME..

diablo 3 standard at eb: $88
diablo 3 standard at big w: $58
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
People shop at ebgames because its high retail store, I would also buy with ebgames, no where else.
Reply Quote
ive always brought a lot of my games from eb, mainly because if you dont like it(finished it) you can take it back for a full refund within 7 days
Reply Quote
Or just make friends with someone who grabbed the CE and had already played D2... each CE has a D2 and D2X license in it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
EB Games have a shoddy reputation for high pricing in Australia as well as poor value (see the above example of a bigger retail store having the same product for 30 dollars less).

My advice is to shop at Big W, K Mart, or whoever has the best deal (JBHIFI, Harvey Norman, DSmith)

Eb Games or GAME can be good tho. I've found older games hard to find in their stores before and usually below 30 dollars. But when they have Xbox 360 games pre owned from 2007 for 69 dollars, yeah it is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
With places like Ozgameshop, Amazon, GMG and all of the other online stores, it's a shock EB still exist.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Sprick
With places like Ozgameshop, Amazon, GMG and all of the other online stores, it's a shock EB still exist.

They survive off selling preowned games because they get the full amount of money from that sale where as selling a new game a share is given back to the publisher.
Reply Quote
Also got to be careful now with Game and EB certain 360 games due to having an online activation code now can no longer be traded in for a full refund within 7 days.

Do they publicly disclose this info you bet your !@# they wont
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
That's just EB for you, they're a freakin rip-off, always have been. Go buy it at JB Hi-Fi, or just get a digital copy from blizzard.
Reply Quote
It depends on the distributors that a company buys through and what their main focus is. Places like JB Hi-FI, Big W, K-Mart, Target etc make little to no profit from games compared to their other departments so can afford to make an extremely small margin of profit per game as just having games on the shelves will bring in more customers and help the rest of their store.

EB Games does not have this luxury.

Personally I buy a lot from Dungeon Crawl where I can and they usually have one of the cheapest prices (and it can be matched), also free shipping anywhere in Australia if you don't live in Melbourne (they have a store on Elizabeth st).
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
05/14/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Simocrates

They survive off selling preowned games because they get the full amount of money from that sale where as selling a new game a share is given back to the publisher.

Especially since EB mark up the prices of preowned games. If you take time to compare, you mostly only pay $5-10 less for a preowned rather than a brand new copy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]