Diablo® III

Update OS? Have Win7

90 Goblin Hunter
I have windows 7 S1 with all updates there is no S2 tell later this summer. So why I'm I getting this for? I have looked around and all post are Vista, I hit "OK" and let it sit just in case but stays at 0% please anyone help if they found a way around this I have ran it as admin and in Win XP S3 and still nothing.
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Having the same issue. Just updated mine as well.

Anyone else having this issue?
Reply Quote
Yep, same problem. Whats going on
Reply Quote
Run installer as ADMIN, drag the installer's .exe to the desktop and right click it, hit properties, then the compatibility tab, select run as admin, click OK, and now double click that icon.

If the setup hangs, delete C:\ProgramData\battle.net folder.

If it still fails, go back to that icon and compat tab and switch the mode to XP SP3 with the top check box selected. (usually needed in Vista)
Reply Quote
If at any point the install appears to hang up completely, waste that same dir, and try again, I wasted that sucker 4 times before I finally got stable install, but I had to move my D3 install, I had default directory installed, didn't notice any selection at the time or I would have pointed it in the first place.

Only other thing to watch out for is background firewall inquiries if the window is blocking them, that will stop you from going forward, also.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/14/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Tried all of the above, still no fix.

I have a Bliz Tech guy calling me back in a few minutes about it. I'll relay any fixes I get.
Edited by Kenori#1535 on 5/14/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reboot PC and waste that battle.net folder, again... and try the install, again.

I agree, this install is quite a mess.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/14/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
I cant find the battle.net folder. I dont have any programdata folder in my dir as far as I can tell.

EDIT: I'm on hold with Blizzard about it as of now. We'll see whats up.
Edited by Kenori#1535 on 5/14/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Goblin Rogue
Okay so apparently i was actually on vista with service pack 1. I have to download 2 and try again.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Still Nothing =\ tried ll the tips I have read Would like a Blue Post!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]