Diablo® III

Graphics Card Incompatability

I find it very disturbing that I have been looking forward to playing Diablo 3 for months now and today I find out that my Graphics card does not support the game. I did get my version free when i signed up for a year of World of Warcraft so I really have no right to complain. However, with all these "perks" I was suppose to be getting for signing up for the 1 year contract. The beta of MoP crashes very frequently during game play. I get a few minutes here and there where it doesnt crash.

I have reached end game content with Cataclysm a month ago and was really looking forward to playing something new til MoP hits. Loading WoW these days is just very boring. I spend much of my time on the game these days just conversing in Trade chat and farming. :(

Now, I find out just a few hours before launch that I wont even be able to play Diablo. So I guess with this 1 year contract deal for me all i got was a mount i never ride. How very very disappointing, considering the free copy of Diablo 3 was the only reason i signed up for it. I guess the old saying is true "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is" /cry
Reply Quote
...and your graphics card is a...?
Reply Quote
if this is a pop up when you hit play that tells you your card is unsupported, hit the escape key rather than ok and it should load up the game.
Reply Quote
They got you, enjoy your pandas.
Reply Quote
Your fault: Should have read......Sorry to Hear it however - friends going threw a similiar problem as we speak, Im guiding him threw passing it >.<
Reply Quote
sounds like you need to upgrade your comp, bro.
Reply Quote
NVIDIA Geforce 6250
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
So....go buy a new graphics card?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Gnomesayun
NVIDIA Geforce 6250

Jebus man, that's one helluva ancient GPU.

A freaking on-board Intel chipset would run better than that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
ya thats too low i have a 8800 and i still will probably have to put my setting on low
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
how are you guys finding this out?

I've got a radeon HD 6790 and so it could be affected, the list in tech support says its afecting 6000 series cards...

But when i try to open the game i just get stuck at blizzard launcher updating screen forever

so um how are you guys finding out?
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Warrior
Minimum requires NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, so yes, an upgrade is in order.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

I've got a radeon HD 6790 and so it could be affected, the list in tech support says its afecting 6000 series cards...

But when i try to open the game i just get stuck at blizzard launcher updating screen forever

search " Can You Run it" on google select diablo 3 and run test to see if you meet requirements
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

His card is a geforce.... totally different in generation than yours.

I know but check this out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926494457

"I see several reports from users of ATI HD 4000, 5000, and 6000 series cards getting a message about their video cards not being supported."

I mean, when he first started this thread i thought that might have been his issue, so i was kinda wonder how people are finding this bug so i can see if im getting it or not with my card so i can try to fix it before launch.
Edited by Keldrath#1718 on 5/14/2012 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Warrior
System requirements:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]