Diablo® III

Graphics Card Incompatability

85 Undead Warlock
Everybody says to quit complaining and go out and buy a new card for 100-200 dollars but that is bull my comp is 2 mo old and I have to buy a new card and the game. If your comp is a coulple of years old then ok but im seeing a lot of people with fairly new comps that have to do this. Blizzard should have said D3 was going to cost 250 bucks+.
Reply Quote
What is wrong with most people barely figuring this out now? Blizzard has posted a list of supported video cards MONTHS ago, and you barely decide to check right before launch??

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo

^That has been there for months for people to view and see if they met video card requirements, don't understand why people are complaining now.
Edited by Noodlez#1220 on 5/14/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Evilesty
Everybody says to quit complaining and go out and buy a new card for 100-200 dollars but that is bull my comp is 2 mo old and I have to buy a new card and the game. If your comp is a coulple of years old then ok but im seeing a lot of people with fairly new comps that have to do this. Blizzard should have said D3 was going to cost 250 bucks+.

I assume you bought a cheap comp NOT meant for gaming and decided to try playing games on it? It failed and now you're blaming Blizzard? If my assumption is wrong I apologize but that's what it seems like.
Reply Quote
I just managed to get within the min requirements with my 8600GT (4.5 year old desktop) lol.
Depending on how it plays, I may upgrade it.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Gnomesayun
NVIDIA Geforce 6250

That's weak sauce graphic card dude!!! Are you living in a cave??!?!?
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Priest
This is disappointing I'm using a new generation nvidia gpu and I'm getting black screen after the Diablo logo. Waste of money.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I just managed to get within the min requirements with my 8600GT (4.5 year old desktop) lol.
Depending on how it plays, I may upgrade it.

Same card I have, playing on an older monitor at 1440x900 with all the settings dropped I stay smooth (20-30 FPS). Game doesn't look great, but as long as it doesn't stutter, who cares.

If you're playing on a larger/more modern monitor with a higher resolution you may have some issues.
Reply Quote
I have a 2 year old laptop which was not a gaming laptop when I bought it(Sony VPCEB17FX). It runs D3... Badly compared to my desktop, but it was more for working and not for playing.

Sometimes it pays to have a geek recommend you a computer to buy. Heck, have them build one for ya. I've build plenty of comps for 500 dollars that would have cost over a grand had they bought a pre-built.

If you don't and choose to listen to a Best Buy salesman, well, it's on you.
Reply Quote
Being honest im stupid and i know nothing about computers and i could really use some help, i have a geforce 6150 LE and i cant run. i dont know what to buy this was just the card that came in my hp pavillion. im on a low budget. Help!
Reply Quote
***SOLUTION!***

I FOUND THIS WORK AROUND! (I don't take credit for it.)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903520596?page=1

This person is an angel.

I am using a dell inspiron laptop (that I bought 2 NEW years ago), with the Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset. When I tried to play, I received the unsupported video card error that closed the program. When I hit escape, it tried to start the video and then gave me a similar error, before closing the program. (The above link has now allowed me to open the game! YAY!)

I understand that I'm totally under the requirements to play this game, but quite frankly, my previous computer was unequipped to play WoW, yet, lag and all, I got a bunch of lvl 80s and pwned (pre-cataclysm). It is nonsense that they're saying a game that's been in development for 11 YEARS can't play on a 2 year old computer that can play other games, seemingly way more 3D, swimmingly. Nonsense.

However, I am surprised how cheap a bada** tower is nowadays, and somewhat glad that the game is just that amazing that you NEED a good computer to play it. Best Buy has some gaming towers for like 400 bucks that could handle this game no problem, let alone newegg or craigslist. I am definitely going to upgrade to a better PC regardless. But, at least now I have the ability to open the game. (I have yet to actually log in, though, as the servers are currently down for maintenence.)

Hope that helps! It helped me! Thank you to that awesome person who figured this out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sadly, I too am in the same spot.
I was so looking forward to Diablo 3 :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My computer is less then 6 months old and it wont let me play it on it. Rather disappointed. Wast of money :\
Reply Quote
47 Blood Elf Warlock
read what i didnt see anything
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]