Diablo® III

FPS question

Just picked up an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti. FurMark scores seemed lower than I expected, 20 FPS average on 15m burnout test running on 1920x1080. My previous card was about 2 years old, was able to run D3 beta on ultra but had minor FPS issues. Will this new card give me the extra juice I need to have max FPS on ultra?!
Reply Quote
3 flavors of 560s and you now have the middle one.

What is your OLD card?

Any 560 should run D3 fine, I would not say it's ULTRA, it's not a game with super fine graphics nitpicky settings like MMOs tend to have, very limited options, at least in the beta, I couldn't even tell LOW from HIGH settings, there is no MAX FPS.... You really just want the same as your monitor refresh rate, which is likely 60, or 30 on a lower end rig is fine.

If you let the video card go higher, it's going to run higher temps all the time unnecessarily, and possibly wear out/break faster.

See GPU-Z at cpuid.com to keep tabs on it, or a Windows 7 video card temp meter gadget.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/12/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I played the beta with a 560 Ti and it was fine. On ultra, I think the lowest fps I ever saw was in the mid 30s. But I upgraded to a GTX 670 over the weekend just in case.
Reply Quote
05/13/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Timbo
I played the beta with a 560 Ti and it was fine. On ultra, I think the lowest fps I ever saw was in the mid 30s. But I upgraded to a GTX 670 over the weekend just in case.

Just got my 670 as well, love it to death

edit: But not a quick death...
Edited by Brutang#1547 on 5/13/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm running a GTX 560Ti and I sometimes get 60 but most of the time (90%+) I'm locked at 30 FPS. It's jittery, kinda feels like internet lag, I have MSI Afterburner installed and it's showing 30 :(

Settings: Maxed, VSync On, Max FPS Fore/Back Off.

Hardware: 8GB 2133 RAM - i5 2500K - 120 GB SSD - Win7 Pro x64

Anyone know why I'm getting such lacking performance on just Diablo 3? This should be more than enough to run this game.
Reply Quote
Im getting the same problem. I have a GeForce 220, 2.4x2 intel, 4gb ram dd2 and im getting good and bad fps every here and there. If i go to windowed it goes to 60 and when i go to fullscreen it goes to 30. Anyone else know whats going on?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Turn off VSync (to both of you two above me), and your graphics card is weak (to the guy just above me), by the way.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/16/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
560 ti here as well. I have kept fraps running to confirm my framerate (which stays at 60), though the game often appears choppy. I have a hunch this is caused by server lag.
Reply Quote
I have the evga 670 god it's is so sweet love the graphics card
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]