Diablo® III

Downloader does not save progress?

83 Night Elf Druid
I might be missing something fundamental, but I run the Diablo III installer download and it starts to run what appears to be the blizzard background downloader. However, any attempts to restart the download just starts everything over again.

I have checked in the Diablo III folder for a downloader exe file, but there is none.

I'm very confused.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
When you restart it, you must select the same parent folder holding the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" folder. If you select the installation folder, it's going to make another folder inside and start over.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
Okay, so the folder selection process each time is normal?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yes, but the downloader will create the folder "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" unless it already exists where you tell it to go in which case it uses what's already there and continues where it left off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It started again for me too. I had downloaded 5GB, closed the downloader and the next day chose the same folder I did the day before, it said checking, then it started from the start.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
keeps starting over every time it goes away for me. Never going to be able to dl it at this rate. pretty disappointing blizz cant even make a reliable dler.
Reply Quote
This issue is being caused by the game files that you download not being saved correctly onto the computer. This issue can be caused by administrative rights on the computer. One thing you will want to try is running the pre-download as an admin by right-clicking on the download and selecting run as administrator. The second cause of this issue is computer security software not allowing the files to save as well. For that issue you will want to disable those software's.
Reply Quote
its normal to ask you to select where to DL it to because you never finished the process. when you select where it verifies that you ahve the proper folder then verifies what you have dl already then it starts off where it needs to. if it is not saviing anything maybe its your firewall or virus protection programs. and run as administrator.

update us what happens
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I run it under admin and I have had my firewall disabled for years and dont even have virus protection installed
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
05/13/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Gluscus
I run it under admin and I have had my firewall disabled for years and dont even have virus protection installed
I have this same problem and it tells me I have a firewall.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I even copied my folder.. which has 1.5 gb dl.. try to paste it into the folder i dl to, open the downloader and it says I have ~300 mb dl only.
Reply Quote
Dear God this has happened to me several times now. I makes me so angry. I have a crappy connection too, and now will not make it to the launch. I wonder where it is stashing the data... It is so frustrating that I am eating out at a place with a much better connection just trying to get back where I was before I had to restart my computer. Seriously Blizzard, this is mindbogglingly stupid.
Edited by Wolfheart#1241 on 5/13/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can we get a blue answer to this? It appears that even Admin access doesn't stop this, at least according to Gluscus. Is it possible that the installer can be down loaded some other way? Please, Blizzard, don't leave us hanging.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I keep having the same problem too :/ with a crappy unstable connection
Reply Quote
This has happened a third !@#$ing time. I even made copies the files and they too got over ridden. I am done. Screw you and your lack of help, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. 6.69gigs downloaded and now the tracker isn't responding. Everytime I've closed out the downloader and started again, it makes me restart.....
Reply Quote
you dont even mention where you are in the dl process taht you just keep restarting the DL. are you stuck and i mean has i been like 3hrs at 30% or does every hour make it a new percent etc etc
details people.. how can we help you if you just give us a short summary
Reply Quote
I made it all the way to 7.60g done, but it stalled and said still DLing for about half hour. I canceled the downloader and started it back up after I restarted my internet connection as well. It started to check, but said I had less than 1g and now it's doing it all over.
Reply Quote
17 Blood Elf Priest
Me too.
Reply Quote
17 Blood Elf Priest
Bump. We would like an answer to this problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]