Diablo® III

Question about pre-download

85 Human Mage
This is my first time pre dl'ing a game from Blizzard so i am not sure how this works. I saw where Blizzard said they will be opening up the installer on the 14th, but how do we access the installer when they open it? Will the installer-tome.part files change? Not sure how this all works so bear with me here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
same i have no clue
Reply Quote
81 Worgen Priest
My best guess, when you download the files and run the setup it connects to the d3 servers and checks time/date for authorization to install or go online. so if you run the setup on the 14th then it should cause the game to go ahead and install, since it should get a signal from the server that its ok. then on 15th at 12 midnight it will allow you to connect and play. hope this makes sense.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Also I have been seeing a few threads where people are saying they have a .part file and how they aren't supposed to have it. All of my files are .part files. Is this intended or not?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
05/13/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Drfurgood
My best guess, when you download the files and run the setup it connects to the d3 servers and checks time/date for authorization to install or go online. so if you run the setup on the 14th then it should cause the game to go ahead and install, since it should get a signal from the server that its ok. then on 15th at 12 midnight it will allow you to connect and play. hope this makes sense.

That does make sense.
Reply Quote
81 Worgen Priest
Im not sure about the .part files. i believe thats because of it downloading the files from the server. i have all of my files downloaded and there are no .part files.

ok to recap, go to your account page and to the d3 management section. download the client file. from there it will download all of the setup files for you. once you have them completely downloaded then you can begin the setup process.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
There's a Diablo III Setup.exe file in the pre-sale client when it's downloaded. That's what you start when it's unlocked to begin installing the game.

If you have .part files, it's not done or didn't finish or you stopped it manually or it crashed. Run it again making sure to select the same place to install you selected the first time
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I've downloaded all 7.6 GB of the download around 3 times now because of the .part files and it has not helped any of the times.

Edit: normally i leave it running when i go to bed so i dont really observe it while its downloading. When i wake up the downloader is gone so i just assume it finished. It may be stopping manually somehow then.
Edited by Isonyc#1874 on 5/13/2012 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
hey another question about it, will we be able to install after the pre-downlaod before midnight when it comes out so we dont have to wait like 3 hours to download it digitally?
Reply Quote
I've downloaded all 7.6 GB of the download around 3 times now because of the .part files and it has not helped any of the times.

Edit: normally i leave it running when i go to bed so i dont really observe it while its downloading. When i wake up the downloader is gone so i just assume it finished. It may be stopping manually somehow then.

@Boxxy are you saying that after letting it run and going to sleep then waking up you no longer see a DL window and when you check the appropriate DL'd folder you still see .part on a few files?

Update
as stated in numerous posts. you are not suppose to have a .part extension. .part means that file isnt fully completed
Edited by AllStar#1501 on 5/13/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
in another post someone stated they deleted their .part file and re did the download. try that, but iono if anyone else whos had that problem has done this or had any success.. make sure your saving your files to the same folder. evertime you re-initialize the DL you need to make sure its at the same folder or it will randomly create a new one and you will have to re-dl everything again.
Reply Quote
Question... Can you only pre download and install the game if you prepurchase the game through Blizzard?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]