Diablo® III

Why does my d3 never fully download?

90 Undead Priest
I have been forced to download D3 three seperate times now, all 3 times, it never fully downloads. And I am forced to do it again. For someone like me, who has LIMITED download useage in a month (50gb) this becomes a BIG problem... Please tell me why it never downloads for me.. All I did was leave it downloading before i went to bed, and none of the files here look complete... I am seriously considering just throwing htis game away... I already have had to use up 15 GBs to do of my monthly 50, and I am not going to continue doing this if this is going to keep happening.. What a waste of money this has become.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I took the time to screen shot what the files look like, you can find it in this link.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/412141_10151712083655051_702170050_24216535_854528123_o.jpg

Tell me if that is the way it is suppose to be, because it clearly doesn't look right to me...
Reply Quote
This issue is being caused by the game files that you download not being saved correctly onto the computer. This issue can be caused by administrative rights on the computer. One thing you will want to try is running the pre-download as an admin by right-clicking on the download and selecting run as administrator. The second cause of this issue is computer security software not allowing the files to save as well. For that issue you will want to disable those software's.

Edit: The files look fine mines the one listed as a .part for the setup file. This means that it hasn't been fully downloaded yet.
Edited by Kraze#1968 on 5/13/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
am i ever glad to know that I am going to have to spend another 8 hours downloading this stupid !@#$ing game great lol...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
what i do not understand is HOW they dont fully download unless someone is cancelling my download when i am sleeping...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
after restarting hte download it appears to only be at 2.85 gbs of the download... makes me wonder what exactly closed the program while i was sleeping last night.
Reply Quote
if you can ONLY DL 50gb a month you connectin might be hella slow. what are you running at? wahts ur ISP speed?

like what kraze said delete all the folders the RE DL it again into a folder where YOU KNOW where it is and always save ur DL to that folder.
run as adminstrator. let us know what virus protection your using. and if theres any pop ups during ur dl ALLOW access. did you ever deny any kind of access when you were DL this?

btw what is your ISP and isp speed that only allows you to DL 50gb a month? Unheard of.....
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I've had the same issue as the OP twice now. I left it running last night, only to come back to find no open downloader in the morning. I restarted it, which ended up ERASING 4.5 gb that the folder had contained worth of downloaded material, and started over....

I left it running this morning, came and checked on it now, and once again, program closed. Got approx 4.5Gb worth. Restart the downloaded again, freezes up trying to check the files, then it tried to start over again! luckily I had copied the downloaded data. I restarted the downloader and used 'run as admin', which is retarded because my account IS an admin level account, and no UAC... But, it checked through the downloaded data OK, and appears to be on it's way to continue downloading.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Just a few other notes.

1) Yes I selected the same download folder to re-attempt with.
2) When it started 'checking files' the first time, it DID find the downloaded data, checked through about 200Mb, then decided to erase the rest and start downloading from scratch.

WHY is the downloader closing out without an error or anything is the real question. Seemed to be near the 4.5Gb mark both times for me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
if you can ONLY DL 50gb a month you connectin might be hella slow. what are you running at? wahts ur ISP speed?

like what kraze said delete all the folders the RE DL it again into a folder where YOU KNOW where it is and always save ur DL to that folder.
run as adminstrator. let us know what virus protection your using. and if theres any pop ups during ur dl ALLOW access. did you ever deny any kind of access when you were DL this?

btw what is your ISP and isp speed that only allows you to DL 50gb a month? Unheard of.....

not true, when i got this internet I phone blizzard and they said i had enough speed.

In canada (Where you are probably not from) they dont allow you to illegally download anymore, they do his by giving you a monthly limit as you would on a cell phone. you go over, you pay.

I played and downloaded the beta fine, there is no reason this should be happening as well. Last night, the download looked complete, and I opened it and hit install and sure enough, once again, it said error. Looks like it again didn't fully download, if i have to downthis one more time I am going to consider just not playing diablo 3. So many problems for a game that isn't even released..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
also i guess you didn't read the part where i said i am not going to download it again, I am wasting all my monthly GBs on this game, and I refuse to do it anymore. I dont care what game it is, wow, diablo.. These types of problems shouldn't be happening. And I am really not into spending MORE money on a game that I got for free. It seems to me that blizzard isn't holding up their side of the deal, because as this rate, I'm going to be paying extra GBs this month just to download this game that blizzard promised me I wouldn't have to pay a cent on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
of course, when I open the download it is at 4.21GBs download. Which means it ONLY did two GBs last night. At this rate ill be able to play next tuesday. I'm so glad blizzard doesn't want me to play on launch day. I will be sure to remember that.

I am forced to do this during the day now, which means i cant even log onto wow while downloading. Or do anything. GG.

If it doesn't finish downloading this time i guess im going to be making a phone call since no blues have even bothered to help me on the boards. But I am sure they would ask the same questions they always do... thinking that i dont check things.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
same freaking scrap , imma garbage this .

edit: i will wait on my screen until this is finish.
Edited by Simonsays48#1907 on 5/14/2012 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
thank god the download finished this time..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]