Diablo® III

Unable to install possible fix

85 Tauren Shaman
I was getting all the same errors as everyone else. unable to stream, unexpected error, contact support, etc.

While reading some posts on the subject, I came across one that said any installer installed before Saturday will not work. I don't know why, they may have elaborated, but I didn't finish reading the post, or the responses to it. On it's surface, it doesn't really make sense, why would they allow people to pre-download the installer if said installer wasn't going to work on the 14th?

Anyway, long story short, I un-installed my old installer, and re-dl'd it from my account page, and wala. I'm installing the game as we speak.
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
well it will totally suck if I have to redownload the freaking thing again!

so much for being prepared before the launch day
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927103899
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
The small file that was left out was only for the EU installers, not the Americas. If you downloaded the enUS installer, then you don't need to install anything else.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
uninstall the beta
this worked and fixed the issues that i was having
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
This worked for me, thanks so much. You can also just get the new downloader and point it to the same directory you already downloaded the installation files to. It'll download another 2mb or so and then work fine.
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
nope... didnt work :(
Reply Quote
go back to account management page and "redownload" it will add some new files to your diablo installer folder that seems to fix the problem!
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
05/14/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Rick
go back to account management page and "redownload" it will add some new files to your diablo installer folder that seems to fix the problem!

yeap... working for me now!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]