Diablo® III

Really slow Diablo III download speed

89 Troll Druid
FIX (Thanks to Xinthar):

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Internet Options > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

OR

Start > Run inetcpl.cpl > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

If you're still having issues, skip to blue post.

---------------------------------------------

I'm trying to preload the game for launch and I can't seem to get above 50kb/s. It's currently only downloading from Blizzard and not utilizing P2P at all.

It was at 2.10mb/s for about a minute and then it dropped down.

My router's firewall is disabled as well as my Windows firewall, so is there anything else I can do to fix this, or will I have to wait out this slow speed?

Unticking P2P mode has no effect and it continues to download from Blizzard servers at 50kb/s
Edited by Trabis#1619 on 5/14/2012 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here, EXACT same problem. It was going quite quickly until 77%, now it is downloading at 32 kbps and has been sitting at 77% for 15 min now.
Edited by Masquerade#1955 on 5/14/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I'm having the same issue, I was 3+ mb/s for 60% of the download, and then dropped to 50kb/s and below (sometimes reaching as low as flipping 20kb/s) and been hanging out there ever since.

I'd like some information on why this could be as well. I un-checked P2P and haven't seen any improvement, but it didn't get worse either I suppose.

I'm not running dial-up in the stone age here... I'd like to move faster than a dead snail. Think this could be due to the volume of people trying to download the client before launch? If so, why was my DL speed good for the first 60%?
Reply Quote
Just a second ago it jumped back up to 1 mbps, hopefully it fixes itself for you too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Same here, except i'm not always getting a consistent download. It'll download like, 1.5 mb's pretty quickly, then stop downloading for 15-20 minutes, then get another small piece around a mb. The actual connection tab is hilariously useless, it doesn't show any sort of "connections" at all, just download speeds.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
Mine jumped down to 34kb/s :(
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
This is why you should have downloaded it a month ago
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
05/14/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Sillinar
This is why you should have downloaded it a month ago

P2P should work better with more people downloading, should it not?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Evidently not lol
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
05/14/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Sillinar
Evidently not lol

that's why it's an issue...

but thanks for your helpful contribution to the internet
Edited by Trabis#1619 on 5/14/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Still moving really slow, I'd love some flipping information on this. It's very frustrating.
Reply Quote
15 Night Elf Hunter
digital copies ftl
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I'd appreciate even a notice that this is a problem due to too many people downloading.
Naturally nobody can be bothered at HQ to answer the questions of the common folk.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Still a problem, dropped to 36kb/s.

If I could know why this was happening I would be so happy.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
Have seen blues replying to other threads and not this one, so I'm forced to use an "unofficial" *cough cough* site, downloading at 3mb/s.

It seems like it's always so much easier to not do it officially =/
Edited by Trabis#1619 on 5/14/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
05/14/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Dinks
It seems like it's always so much easier to not do it officially =/

Funny, and true. Still at low speeds here going the official route. So glad we have great support on why this is happening.
Reply Quote
I downloaded at roughly 6-7 MBPS , not sure why your having troubles but the download speed from blizzards downloader went amazing on my end.
Edited by D3NutOMatic#1304 on 5/14/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe a lot of people are trying to download the same thing you are and Blizz's network is getting a hell of a workout at the moment?
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
05/14/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Joninfox
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe a lot of people are trying to download the same thing you are and Blizz's network is getting a hell of a workout at the moment?

P2P connects to other people, we already went over this :P

Troll
Edited by Trabis#1619 on 5/14/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]