Diablo® III

Really slow Diablo III download speed

90 Human Warrior
I could understand that there probally are alot of people wanting to download, but you would think as much as blizzard has dealt with issues like this they would of been better prepared to handle the additional bandwidth instead of trying to ballance it for everyone at one time.
there could of been multi servers setup for this download all over the US instead of just one trying to seed everyone to use the psp option for possible faster speeds. Also by having more servers seed to more people gives more people a chance to seed making it easier for others ready for the big start.
Reply Quote
Having this issue. When I AM CONNECTED to one of the direct download servers, my speed skyrockets to my connection's max. After a minute, the connections drop and I'm left with P2P or NOTHING. When I have P2P on, my upload is running at my connection's max, but I'm getting terrible download speeds.

I've forwarded my ports. I have no idea what to do.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
Are you guys having any luck?
Reply Quote
I was able to get my file downloaded by circumventing the downloader. It's still downloading, so I'm not entirely sure if this will work out, but I opened the log in the downloader, found the line where it showed I was being disconnected from the server, copied the URL that was in the log and pasted it in my browser and am downloading without issue now.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
i dont even get ANY download speed it downloaded 2.01mb/sec for 10 seconds and now nothing in over and hour tried p2p disable did nothing rebooted did nothing.. this is the exact same problem wow has updating too
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
anyone got ideas?? i cant even get the setup file to download total something like 17 megs downloaded.
Reply Quote
Yawn. Doesn't look like I'll be playing tonight with this atrocious download speed.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
Still no blue update after 3 hours? It would seem they are just as clueless as we are, lol.
Edited by Trabis#1619 on 5/14/2012 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep, I'm having this problem too. Stuck at 6.61kb/s... Please fix this Blizzard.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
i got like 50 megs now but all it does is start then stop little tiny chunks at a time.. pretty gay
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you're sure you're forwarding ports 1119 and 6881-6999 on your router to your computer's current IP address, then your ISP may be throttling peer-to-peer traffic.

If you're not sure if you're forwarding ports correctly, please post the make and model of your router, and we can go into specifics. This site shows how to forward ports on a variety of routers:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
Reply Quote
Yup, my port is forwarded. I've done that a long time ago.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
If you're sure you're http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-network-ports-information" class="bml-link-url2">forwarding ports 1119 and 6881-6999 on your router</a> to your computer's current IP address, then your ISP may be throttling peer-to-peer traffic.

If you're not sure if you're forwarding ports correctly, please post the make and model of your router, and we can go into specifics. This site shows how to forward ports on a variety of routers:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

No firewall on router or Windows, and I was downloading a torrent just fine 15 minutes ago.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What kind of router do you have? I would still look into forwarding those specific ports.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
In order to resolve this issue, I had to do the following:

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Internet Options > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

This changed my download speed from 56kbps to over 3mbps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Turn P2P off. Your upload slows down your download drastically and will bring your entire network to a stand still.

This is if your uploading at all. If your maxing out your upload then you can try this. Or you can try capping your upload through your router to something more manageable like 10k/sec or something.
Edited by act#1115 on 5/14/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Internet Options > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

This has fixed it.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

For those that don't use Windows XP/Internet Explorer:

Start > Run inetcpl.cpl > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"
Edited by Trabis#1619 on 5/14/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman

This changed my download speed from 56kbps to over 3mbps

This jumped me from 21 kbs to 3Mbs
Reply Quote
Worked also for me jumped to about the same. Do you need to switch this setting back after downloading?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight

This fixed my problem as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]