Diablo® III

Really slow Diablo III download speed

Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings" works well for me too, after one hour of slow download, changing the setting as increase the transfer rate to 860KB/s
Reply Quote
Any body have an answere to slow as !@#$ installation speed from dvd? and my cpu is top notch so that deff should not be an issue
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Fix at the top, disabling the "Automatically Detect Settings" worked like a charm, went from around 28kb/s back up to my normal 3.5mb/s. Thanks much for the help
Reply Quote
Thanks! worked for me
Reply Quote
Thanks. I went from 40kb to 3mb.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The fix on first post worked perfectly, thank you so much!
Reply Quote
the fix worked like a charm. tyty
Reply Quote
This worked wonders for me, went from 120kps to 1.9mps. It was a world of difference.
Reply Quote
So I am at a Hotel and i unchecked the "automatically detect my settings" and it still isnt working. I dont know how to disable the P2P if I cant access the router.... am i doomed to a slow download??
Reply Quote
Well i was dumb.... i disable the P2P for the game and automatically detect settings but its still at around 100kb/s
Reply Quote
That was awesome, i've been trying to DL this thing all day and got to 11 percent. That little trick just shot up my speed exponentially. Atleast it'll be ready for me in the morning. Thanks tho
Reply Quote
that worked for me as well. thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
turning off auto detect settings dropped me form 80 to 40 kb/s
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
28.2 now wtf!....im just screwed downloaded on my dads in a hour been going for 12 and im at 32% any ideas?
Reply Quote
In order to resolve this issue, I had to do the following:

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Internet Options > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

This changed my download speed from 56kbps to over 3mbps.

This has fixed it.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

For those that don't use Windows XP/Internet Explorer:

Start > Run inetcpl.cpl > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"
Gosh This worked :D Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
My launcher/ digital download has been going for almost three whole days now. I find it incredibly frustrating that nobody at Blizzard can be reached to assist this issue.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I did this fix and nothing still loading at just a few bytes, tried everything on blizzard site as well and was directly hooked into internet no modem. Any other ideas? I was downloading fine yesterday morning until around 6 or 7 am central, then it slowed to this crawl of just a few bytes, already did 2 gigs now it will takes 3 years to finish. Stopped yesterday morning figured too many people on but no, and I played WoW all day so not an internet issue.

Ok I have tried everything on all Blizzard forums I can find. Tried the fix people here seem to have had success with, and then erased all Diablo files from my computer and started over from scratch. Once again just like yesterday morning it hit 6.14 gigs left and all but stopped nothing over about 3kb per sec with half of that coming from p2p. I am at a total loss as to what to do here. This is why I didn't predownload it as well 2 trys and it hung up and erased all of it from my computer both times so I decided to wait for the torrent download. Any other ideas? I would really like to play and 6 hours later and no response from blizzard.
Edited by Thunderbear#1213 on 5/16/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Thanks a lot! Worked for me.
Reply Quote
FIX (Thanks to Xinthar):

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Internet Options > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

OR

Start > Run inetcpl.cpl > Connections Tab > Lan Settings > Uncheck the "Automatically Detect Settings"

If you're still having issues, skip to blue post.

---------------------------------------------

I'm trying to preload the game for launch and I can't seem to get above 50kb/s. It's currently only downloading from Blizzard and not utilizing P2P at all.

It was at 2.10mb/s for about a minute and then it dropped down.

My router's firewall is disabled as well as my Windows firewall, so is there anything else I can do to fix this, or will I have to wait out this slow speed?

Unticking P2P mode has no effect and it continues to download from Blizzard servers at 50kb/s

This worked really well for me, thanks!

For me the download would go around 2-3MB/S for about a minute then it would drop down to <10KB/s. I had disabled P2P, increased process priorities, restarted, opened ports. None of those worked but this did.

Ninja Edit: I don't know if it matters but I did the first solution presented and did not try the second.
Edited by lymeric#1503 on 5/16/2012 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just wondering, but WHY does this fix the download speed? I did it, and my speed went back to normal, but I can't help but wonder why O:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]