Diablo® III

Problem Downloading Installer

90 Tauren Paladin
Okay, first off let me say I'm pretty tech incompetent, it's why I use a mac, so please use small words when explaining things to me =)

I've downloaded the installer, but the Diablo 3 Setup icon has a line through it, and trying to open it tells me it's "not supported on this type of mac". As far as I can tell, though, I meet all the min system requirements
I'm on a MacBook Pro with intel core duo 2.8 GHz, an Nvidia geforce 9400M, 8 gigs of memory, running OSX 10.6.8.
If anyone can offer any help getting this to install, I would be most grateful.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Same problem!! please help, someone!!! I'm on a macbook pro, intel core duo 2.4 GHz, Nvidia geforce 9400M, 4 GB memory, running Osx 10.7.3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Go into the installer folder and make sure none of the files have a .part extension on them.

Also make sure you are not using the .exe file, .exe won't run on a mac and could possibly give you this error.
Edited by Perseval#1459 on 5/14/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Okay, checked that, no .parts, just 3 .mpqe, 1 .rcc, 1 .exe, one .db, and two .mpqs. And the Diablo III Setup app that has no extension.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903180328

Check out that, there is a special case that can cause it not to run. 10.6.8 should work but because of a driver bug, as is mentioned in that topic, you have to upgrade to Lion OS. This may be your problem depending on your chip set.
Edited by Perseval#1459 on 5/14/2012 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Okay, before I commit to upgrading to Lion, would that affect the Setup program like this, and not just the actual game?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
It could also be due to the setup app files not being downloaded correctly.

The physical DVD has a copy of this. Are you able to obtain one ?

Or you could replace the setup app with this mirror :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2978624/Diablo%20III%20Setup%20Preorder%20Prelease%20Version%201.0.0.0.500.zip

05/14/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Cowgath
Okay, checked that, no .parts, just 3 .mpqe, 1 .rcc, 1 .exe, one .db, and two .mpqs. And the Diablo III Setup app that has no extension.

I'ld like a screenshot of that showing file names and file sizes.

Uploaded to say imgur or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]