Diablo® III

new downloader and 8.13 GB file

For all of us that had severe issues with our first download of the game,

There is a new downloader file in the BNet account (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe) not the "download-installer". It creates a "Diablo III" folder in my Program Files, and then downloads everything to there (at least that's what I believe it's doing).

The download screen has a "play" button next to the download bar, similar to the D3 Beta download. So, WHAT IS THIS NEW DOWNLOAD ABOUT? what happened to the 7.60 GB downloaded data? Does this new 8.13 GB data file replace the old 7.60 GB file?

I see no "Tome" files in this new folder being download, so i'm really worried as i just deleted the old 7.60 GB folder.

Please help!
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
i had trouble with the pre downloaded installer client. Tome 2 error, I downloaded the new client and it installed and ran fine with no problems.
Reply Quote
First, install the game then click the "PLAY" button. See if the game opens. If it does, then close it and wait for the launch.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Gorespine
i had trouble with the pre downloaded installer client. Tome 2 error, I downloaded the new client and it installed and ran fine with no problems.

did you delete your old 7.60 GB folder?
Reply Quote
Yeah, i had problems with the Tome 3 file - did the same, deleted everything and installed the new setup installer.

Lucky for the "early" install. I still have enough time to download it again and then do it all over again and hope it works.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Happening to me also. Not sure why. I thought it might be because I didn't choose the default install folder, so it lost track of where the "tome" files were. Tried copying that folder into the program files (/86) that it also created, but no luck.

Played around with it for a few hours but can't get it to see the files already there. Another 8 Gb download coming.
Reply Quote
I guess this new 8.13 GB file includes all of the previous 7.60 GB data we unsuccessfully downloaded? Or D3 is a 8.13GB + 7.60GB = 15.73GB sized file?
Reply Quote
I had the same thing happen to me. I was getting Tome 3 error when I tried to install earlier. Got rid of the file and was going redownload. Now it is doing all 8gbs. The weird thing is my Diablo III folder in my C drive says that its 7.86 but I am only at 10%? Any idea how the folder is 7.86gb and the downloader is at 10%?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 11:56 AMPosted by iLOVEBEER
I had the same thing happen to me. I was getting Tome 3 error when I tried to install earlier. Got rid of the file and was going redownload. Now it is doing all 8gbs. The weird thing is my Diablo III folder in my C drive says that its 7.86 but I am only at 10%? Any idea how the folder is 7.86gb and the downloader is at 10%?

I've seen people say they deleted all of their old files and downloaded the whole new file again and had no further issues. I'm doing the same, although download will take a few hours, I'll wait patiently..
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:02 PMPosted by IronSteel

I've seen people say they deleted all of their old files and downloaded the whole new file again and had no further issues. I'm doing the same, although download will take a few hours, I'll wait patiently..

I get that but how can my Diablo III folder be 7.86gbs big and the downloader says It has only downloaded 1.27gbs and till have 6.92? And I keep refreshing the Diablo III folder and it just sitting at 7.68?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 11:51 AMPosted by IronSteel
I guess this new 8.13 GB file includes all of the previous 7.60 GB data we unsuccessfully downloaded? Or D3 is a 8.13GB + 7.60GB = 15.73GB sized file?

No. You didn't put the setup file you downloaded into your installer folder so it's re-downloading the whole thing again.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Mage
LOL blizz fails @ installers so they just bypassed it and now you just download the game directly, kinda like what happens when you install WoW now. Wish I waited and didnt predownload till now, would save me 7gb bandwidth from decryption error.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 12:06 PMPosted by SlashZeroV

No. You didn't put the setup file you downloaded into your installer folder so it's re-downloading the whole thing again.

Wha???? I have the setup file there and it STILL d/l's from the beginning. My pre download folder was 7.63 Gb and this new installer COMPLETELY ignores it. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
They took down the Pre-sale client installer and replaced it with a newer streaming installer. It doesn't combine with the old one, it's standalone. You don't need it if you already have the Pre-sale client downloaded.

have yours setup to notify you.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/14/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
They took down the Pre-sale client installer and replaced it with a newer streaming installer. It doesn't combine with the old one, it's standalone. You don't need it if you already have the Pre-sale client downloaded.

Stupid question of the day:

The files from my old download (or my attempts at it <old man kept shutting it down to use the internet etc>), I got to about 5.31 gigs on the blizz downloader- found out about this so i stopped the downloader. Can I copy those files into the new folder to continue on with what I had left?

(I hope that makes some semblance of sense to you).
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Jujubiju,

No, don't try mixing them. The new installer is actually installing the game. It's not downloading files to be installed later.

Either use the new one and get rid of what you had before from the old one, or re-run the old one to let it finish properly.

If those files were downloaded a while ago, then I would just start over, apparently they changed it.

By starting over though: go into your b.net account and get the NEW installer executable and run it, not the old one.

and delete your battle.net directory out of C:\ProgramData before running the new installer.

I just got done moving the installed full version and had to do that as well, I didn't see any change directory prompt, but I was installing via the old one.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/14/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]