Diablo® III

"Launching Issue" / Pointers anyone?

I've been told there's 'countless' threads explaining this, after 19 pages of Technical Support, I've seen nothing hinting how to fix.

Game is installed, clicking "play" leaves me at "launching" forever, instead of launching the game and me getting to look at that awesome login screen that those great artists spent so much time creating.

Re-download, re-install, two different computers, din't work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926594239
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4927183990

I'm not alone, I know, that's fine. If it's a known issue point me where it is, and I'll request a sticky for it.

Thanks a ton.
Edited by Noxander#1120 on 5/14/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Game is installed, clicking "play" leaves me at "launching" forever, instead of launching the game and me getting to look at that awesome login screen that those great artists spent so much time creating.

Thanks for pointing that out :p
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Might sound to easy but i have the same problem with wow. try to pin it to the taskbar then open it from there.
Reply Quote
I'm on XP, and there are no system calls that are done differently from the launcher to allow modifications from doing your action Alistiar (I checked just to make sure on a VM of windows 7 ;-))

Thanks anyways!
Reply Quote
Yeah I had the same problem over and over again in WOW, I solved this by not using the launcher. Find your install location and double click the "Diablo III.exe" not the "Diablo III Launcher.exe" Thats how I got around it for so long with WOW. Once launched...prepare to see the words "Error 37" alot!
Reply Quote
PS, you might need to end the Diablo III task in the task manager before it will launch properly, as it will think you have already got a copy running.
Reply Quote
@RealJimShady, thanks for the tip, but I just got it working!

After many installs and uninstalls, I got it to work on my wife's computer... copying it over from an external hard drive got it working on my PC.

Nothing was done differently during the installs, except I used the newest downloader from last night with the streaming launcher. Figured I'd put that as a precision.

FYI for anyone having this issue: I can confirm that if you are seeing the "Launching..." problem it is NOT because the game isn't "launched" but because it's bugged, there's a login screen that will tell you the server is down for maintenance, when you're actually ready to play.

EDIT: Can we have an official blue post or sticky this, anyone that's encountered the problem or another thread please link it here and/or your solution to the problem. Thanks a ton, let's try and work together aye?
Edited by Noxander#1120 on 5/14/2012 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The way they're not taking care of this is retarded. Hey, we need answers here, blueposters. Do something about it! after years of waiting it`s still not done!?! c'mon...several posts about the same issue and not a single answer? gee..
Reply Quote
yeah I need help with this as well
Reply Quote
Try to navigate to your folder:
Win7:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Diablo II\ Diablo II.exe"

XP: (I assume)
"C:\Program Files\Diablo III\Diablo II.exe"

Mine take a sec or launch anyway, but I have the same issue in WOW once in a while and launching directly always seems to work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/14/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Sync
Mine take a sec or launch anyway, but I have the same issue in WOW once in a while and launching directly always seems to work.

... Doesn't work. You launch game client and it opens launcher (on diablo).
Reply Quote
thi

Try to navigate to your folder:
Win7:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Diablo II\ Diablo II.exe"

XP: (I assume)
"C:\Program Files\Diablo III\Diablo II.exe"

this does not work. it actually shows the program running in my task manager as well. it is using up cpu and memory space but not displayed... can we get a blue post already.. ffs
Reply Quote
Just tried this and it worked perfectly

1.) Go to command Prompt
2.) Right click and hit Run as Admin (Run command prompt as admin)
3.) Type this in "Netsh winsock Reset"
4.) Restart PC
5.) Run D3 as admin then you should be good to go!
Reply Quote
Also something to try:

1.) Navigate here: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
2.) Delete any folder within there that is NOT Agent.954 (or logs)
3.) Navigate here: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client
4.) Delete any folder within there that is NOT Blizzard Launcher.1575 (or logs)

Give her a whirl - Launch D3 as you normally would. I had the same problems as you, it would just sit on "Launching" but wouldn't do anything, even executing directly (which only launches the D3 launcher anyways). I suspected file conflicts, so I went ahead and deleted old folders, and it started working immediately.
Edited by SlateRaven#1538 on 5/15/2012 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump. Im stuck on "launching" and Im getting all kinds of homicidal thoughts over it. lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Getting the same problem, none of these have worked yet.
Reply Quote
Bought the disk a few hours ago and installed fine. However, it won't launch fine. Stuck at "Launching" tried several fixes, but can't find a solution.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]