Diablo® III

Graphics Card Issue

80 Dwarf Paladin
Im writing in regards to an unusal graphics card issue im having. I have just recently purchased a new Samsung i7 quad core notebook. I have installed Diablo just fine, and easily meet all the system recomendations. My PC has a Mobile Intel HD Graphics Card, as well as a Radeon 6490m. My issue is that when I load the game it is attempting to run in via the Mobile Intel Card which is not compatable. I have tried manually entering Catalyst Control then Switchable Graphics and set the Blizzard Launcher as well as the Diablo 3.exe to high performance. Yet my computer still insists on reading from the other graphics card. I Brought my PC to best buys Geek Squad and they simply un-enabled my Intel HD card. This kills my screen resolution... not to mention that once I boot Diablo I have to re-enable the Intel HD graphics card to get the game to boot to the login screen. Any input would be helpful.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure exactly, but try hitting ESC when the popup comes up telling you your card is unsupported and see if it's actually using that card for the game, or if it's just reading both and assuming you're using the intel.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Ahh indeed. Good call on that. That was it, it was offering the option to not run the game on the Intel. ESC bypassed it. Much abliged
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]